Need help troubleshooting

siddiqim

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought my camera from a shop that was going out of business and was liquidating. For almost 8 months it has worked flawlessly. However, last week I went on a 6 hour drive and noticed the wifi light blinking halfway through. I tried connecting to it but it wasn't broadcasting the ssid. By my house it usually connects to the wifi and I can go on blackvue cloud, but it wasn't connecting either. I tried the wifi button and holding it for 5 seconds it doesn't do anything. It is also making a clicking noise. Does anyone know what could be wrong? here is a link it's hard to hear the sound but you can if you turn it up.

Step 1 is to swap out the SD card. That's the most typical failure point. When you see the record light on solid and not flashing yellow/orange/red (depending on the mode), that means the camera software isn't running properly at all.

Do I need to program the new card? I inserted it in my phone and my phone (Galaxy S10+) said it's not compatible with it. What type of card should I purchase

There are a few threads in the forums discussing good SD card options. It's a bit of a tough call on whether you should "invest" in one of the good (and larger) cards and run the risk that the camera itself is flaky and you've wasted money; versus just getting an el-cheapo card to prove it is a card issue, knowing that the el-cheapo will itself crap out sooner.

If you're lucky, when you plug in the new card, the camera will format it and keep your original settings and you'll be good to go. Or you'll plug in the new card and the camera will format it, but revert to default settings so you'll have to reset all them. Worst case, you plug in the card and it's still dead, in which case the camera is likely toast. Personally, I think the odds are in your favor it's just the card.

Back