Need help with acc wire for parking mode

deejay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I just did a hardwire install on my SG9663DCPro and I'm having some issues with my parking mode (using the hardwire kit). It goes into parking mode then shuts off around a minute and a half. I'm guessing my vehicle is shutting off the power to possibly the entire fuse box as I tried multilple slots. The unit is installed on my 2012 Mercedes CLS550 (w218). I looked at the fuse box diagram and on my vehicle, I don't have the driver's side cabin fuse box. The only options that I am aware of are either run it to the engine compartment or the trunk. I decided to run it to the trunk because it was tough getting the wires into the engine and I would have to drill a hole into the weather-sealed fuse box under the hood. I've tried multiple fuse slots but the parking mode always shuts off around the 1.5 minute mark. I've attached a fuse diagram for my vehicle for you to take a look at and hopefully you can point me in the right direction to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Attachments

• C218 Fuse Diagram.pdf
    642.6 KB · Views: 7
Park your car, turn it off, open your door, close it again, and sit there in it for 2 minutes. Is anything still remain powered? 12V sockets (cigarette lighter), for example, front or rear?

Without a multimeter I don’t know if it’s going to be easy to find something that’s 1) 12V and 2) constant on. Sometimes door locks, window switches, and constant power to the stereo system are likely targets. Just completely depends on the car.

I'll ask our technician but I think Mercedes are sometimes a problem for this, a lot of German cars have a function in the ECU to turn circuits off if there's a load there that doesn't belong, will see what he says

Ok thanks. I will be patiently waiting for a response.

Ahead of the curve :)
Saturday here too, but its only 29 minutes old.

From my notes last time I used these two from the rear fuse box:

Fuse 76 - rear cigarette socket - 15a - acc
Fuse 73 - diagnostic socket - 7.5a - battery

That was in a 2016 E with all software updates from Xentry applied, I didn't want to use the OBD port but the fuse adaptor wouldn't fit in the socket I wanted originally.

This is much easier with a multimeter as has been said, in your car it looks like fuse 76 is the same and should be ACC switched, but for the permanent battery feed you may want to try the Keyless Go ECU fuses as they'll always be powered.

Oh I'd better add before I forget - stay away from the airbag fuses and other car safety systems just in case!

Thanks for the response. For some reason, I didn't get a notification of the reply. I'll give it a try tonight and give you an update.

Ok I tried those fuse locations and the camera is still shutting off at around 1:30 mark. I tested the fuses with a multimeter and it seems to be getting power. Not sure why the camera keeps turning off after going into parking mode. Anyways, I decided to just hardwire it with an attached inline fuse holder straight to the battery in the engine compartment. The camera is still shutting off at the same said time. Could this be a hardware issue?

What voltage setting are you using?

Where is it earthed?
I finally got around to messing with it today and finally figured out why it's shutting off. I checked the voltage setting on the hardwire kit and put it to 11.8v. It was previously set to 12v. At 11.8v setting, the camera stayed on when it went into parking mode but all the other three settings caused the camera to shut down at the 1:30 minute mark after entering parking mode. I currently only have the parking mode set to 2 hours fearing an increased time will drain my battery to where I am unable to start my vehicle. My current voltage reading at the end of the battery feed is 12.24v with the ignition off and is grounded to the chassis of the vehicle in the trunk ( same location where the trunk SAM unit is earthed ). I'm wondering why am I not able to use the 12v battery protection setting. Thanks for the replies!

if you think it's a fault with the hardwire kit we can send you a replacement, they've been very reliable but there's always the chance of a bad one

Back