Need help with my micro SD for the A119

Thanks Jokiin.
Can you help the engineers to improve the graininess?
Is there actually a way to improve it or there are hardware limitations?
cheers.

by the way and yet again .. you r a fantastic person by helping in many types of cams and different manufacturers

cheers

:)

@viofo.
I am not trying to beat a dead horse or bash viofo ain any sense.
On the other hand I can read so many more posts done by Jokiin on behalf of viofo that it actually impresses me the willfulness to help other members from his end and on top he is a manufacturer of an excellent dashcam the street guardian.
I have bought two A119 for 2 vehicles and I understand that the engineers take a while to improve the cameras response as time goes along with replies from customers.
My point is the following. How hard is it to improve the graininess issue through a firmware upgrade at viofos end?
there are talks about cpl etc.. but is this camera limited by the hardware and no further improvements can be achieved via firmware?
I just want an honest answer from viofo and I will move along with what I have.
in the end of the day 2 cameras with 2 memory cards cost me about 300 bux.
after all it is money spent right?
cheers

the hardware is still reasonably new, there is still plenty of improvements that will be possible in the firmware, it does take time though, the important thing is the development is ongoing

fair enough Jokiin.
do u mind if I ask you a question.
why is it almost always you that answers on behalf of viofo?
I mean ur a great guy and a very responsible manufacturer.
but in the end of the day u have ur product to take care off. not viofo"s product.

cheers

I'm working on a new project which is using a similar platform so some of the things that get asked I will know the answers to, the feedback and problems you may experience are also helpful for our own upcoming product so besides the fact that I might offer some help or advice to an end user of a different product this still helps me for the debug of our own product, aside from all that I just like to help people, I've worked on a lot of the popular platforms and if I know the answer to a question I would rather share the information for the benefit of others

I'm working on a new project which is using a similar platform so some of the things that get asked I will know the answers to, the feedback and problems you may experience are also helpful for our own upcoming product so besides the fact that I might offer some help or advice to an end user of a different product this still helps me for the debug of our own product, aside from all that I just like to help people, I've worked on a lot of the popular platforms and if I know the answer to a question I would rather share the information for the benefit of others

thanks for the answer.
that shows character in a world that this particular word no longer exist.
Great manufacturer, great person very intelligent and honest.
I think you can one day become one of those tycoons in the dashcam industry which IMo will grow exponentially.

Lets see if viofo will leave up to their word .
otherwise this product will fail.
same way I think that to save 10 or 15 bux at best u buy the upcoming A118c V2 which is not even out yet.
Promises become failure if not achieved in the business world

cheers mate and good luck in ur endeavours.
I owe u just for ur input and information.

Jokiin.
out of topic.
If u never watched and enjoy movies watch a a movie called "the big short"
I am a trader ( not professional) but I look at things in the financial market.
if u watch this movie u will understand who u are in the dashcam world when one day u come up with an unique idea.
u seem to be very savvy business wise and very intelligent.

its like we say in wall street.
trade during the day and take a flight to Iceland to enjoy a nice Russian model and lots of booze.
if ur trade theory is based on facts.

cheers

Lets see if viofo will leave up to their word .
otherwise this product will fail.
same way I think that to save 10 or 15 bux at best u buy the upcoming A118c V2 which is not even out yet.
Promises become failure if not achieved in the business world

I think they will do well with the product, they are one of the very few Chinese companies that actually work on improving their products, it does sometimes take time to deliver unfortunately so consumers can sometimes feel like nothing is happening, or the manufacturer doesn't care or whatever, for most of them I'd say that's a fair assessment, I know a lot of people in the industry and there are very few that I believe do the right thing by the end users, even some of the well known established brands that are majority players in this category treat consumers with contempt and don't really care what happens with yesterday's product and only look toward the next sale

Jokiin.

that's a fair assessment.
thanks for the input and counseling throughout my purchase process.
judging by ur posts and ur knowledge I will be patient.
I just could not afford ur product this time since I needed 2 dashcams.

I am sure that eventually I will be more then happy to pay without hesitation for ur product.
cheers mate

I think they will do well with the product, they are one of the very few Chinese companies that actually work on improving their products, it does sometimes take time to deliver unfortunately so consumers can sometimes feel like nothing is happening, or the manufacturer doesn't care or whatever, for most of them I'd say that's a fair assessment, I know a lot of people in the industry and there are very few that I believe do the right thing by the end users, even some of the well known established brands that are majority players in this category treat consumers with contempt and don't really care what happens with yesterday's product and only look toward the next sale

No problem, our product is not for everyone, it gets very cost prohibitive in some locations with local taxes and charges, I'm sure your purchase will be fine :)

no. just format it to Fat32.

I use 64gb & 128gb SD cards, don't have any smaller size.

Back