Need help with schematics for DVR mirror for CR-V 2007-2011

aniva

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anybody can provide reference on the best connectivity options for DVR mirror, which requires following inputs:

1. ACC - powered when ignition on
2. BAT - constant 12V
3. Reverse - powered when car switched to reverse gear

I am looking to connect all of it under dash, so wires from reverse camera will be connected under dash as well as wires from DVR mirror. This is dual-channel DVR that records from front and rear. Reverse camera will be always powered from BAT.

I hope to use add-a-circuit for at least ACC and BAT but looking for guidance on exact connection options under the dash

Any comments on the correctness of the diagram below are greatly appreciated
wiring_diagram_01_screen.png

mirror_09.jpg

Last edited:
the reverse cam should be powered by the reverse light circuit so that the reverse camera only receives power when you put it in reverse, when it powers on the AV signal becomes active and the mirror will display the video feed from the reverse camera, powering the camera all the time would mean the video would always display the rear cam feed

would also suggest wiring it as the maker intended and not use the Lukas to try and have parking mode, the device won't have been designed with this usage in mind and is likely to give you problems if used like this, some mirrors have parking mode capability built in already, if it does then better to do it their way

If thats the same ( or similar ) multi-channel RVmirror I have, then connection to rear recording camera looks correct. Front and rear recording cameras are always live ( recording ). When reversing gear engaged, then green wire sends signal to RVmirror to engage rear camera on screen view, when disengaged then screen switches off. The only way to have rear recording camera image always on is to wire green wire to ACC with adding a switch in case you want to switch off rear camera on screen display.

My only concern as @jokiin mentioned is BDP device ( Lukas ). Those RVmirror DCRs I have they come with built in BDP.
@aniva, can you make a photo of original wires and share here, so I can see if its same I have.

knowing which mirror it is would help, some use the rear cam for recording and reverse cam duties, others require a separate reverse cam, diagram shows a reverse cam but not sure if that's accurate at all

the reverse cam should be powered by the reverse light circuit so that the reverse camera only receives power when you put it in reverse

This is only for reverse camera, for dual channel recording reverse mode activated by powering green wire for the mirror itself. On the other hand, reverse camera must be powered on all the time for video feed to be recorded. Once again this is multi-channel setup which is different from regular reverse camera setup.

would also suggest wiring it as the maker intended and not use the Lukas to try and have parking mode, the device won't have been designed with this usage in mind and is likely to give you problems if used like this, some mirrors have parking mode capability built in already, if it does then better to do it their way

This mirror doesn't have battery protection in the parking mode (I have not seen one that does it better than Lukas), this is why I use Lukas and this is what Lukas is designed for. I tested this setup in test bed with regulated power supply and couple switches imitating ACC and REVERSE, and all works just fine, including Lukas. Namely it cuts off power once I reduce power supply voltage below threshold.

adding a switch in case you want to switch off rear camera on screen display.

Mirror remote has PiP mode, picture from rear camera and picture from front camera, which is default. When reversing, picture from rear camera comes up, so no need for additional switches

knowing which mirror it is would help

it would not, as mirror comes with very basic diagram with wires for BAT, ACC, REVERSE and RSA to camera, which is already shown on the picture that I drew

it would not, as mirror comes with very basic diagram with wires for BAT, ACC, REVERSE and RSA to camera, which is already shown on the picture that I drew

if you want help it would help to know which you have in case it's one we've used before, I've looked at lots of these, as has @niko and @Pier28 and they are not all the same

which you have in case it's one we've used before

Don't think it makes any difference, as all the wiring work OK in test bed and my question is rather about finding right place to connect ACC, BAT and REVERSE under dash. I don't see how different wiring could be among three wires :). However if you insist, exact model is

KS2943+DVR, Auto dimming mirror, with built-in DVR, 4.3 inch monitor
Software revision: YX468_20150722V1

Please note that if you google for it, you may not be able to find anything about DVR version of it, mine has DVR

Please note that if you google for it, you may not be able to find anything about DVR version of it, mine has DVR

got a link to where you bought it from?

do you know which chipset it uses, a picture of the menu screen would help if you're not familiar

Don't think it makes any difference, as all the wiring work OK in test bed and my question is rather about finding right place to connect ACC, BAT and REVERSE under dash. I don't see how different wiring could be among three wires :). However if you insist, exact model is

reverse trigger is taken from the reverse lights, not under the dash, only ACC, BATT and Ground would be connected up front

reverse trigger is taken from the reverse lights

I need to find where reverse light wire is under dash then, it doesn't make sense to pull wire from the mirror all the way to the back...

got a link to where you bought it from?

I can not provide link and at the moment I don't know what chipset is but I can try to find out.
Added menu thumbnail to original post

ACC, BATT and Ground would be connected up front

I am looking for exact connectivity guidelines for CR-V 2007-11 for this, any links, references you can help with?

I am looking for exact connectivity guidelines for CR-V 2007-11 for this, any links, references you can help with?

two fuse taps and a ground point is what you need, owners manual for the car should give you a list of the fuses and which circuit they are for, if not it's generally printed on the fusebox cover also

looks like F20/A20 chipset going by the menu layout

does it record the revers cam feed or it has 2 channel recording plus reverse cam feed?

it simultaneously records from front and rear cameras

Back