Need help with schematics for DVR mirror for CR-V 2007-2011

two fuse taps and a ground point is what you need, owners manual for the car should give you a list of the fuses

got all the manuals, doesn't seem to be straightforward :) was hoping to find exact instructions from someone who installed camera in CR-V (which should be far from exotic)

got all the manuals, doesn't seem to be straightforward :) was hoping to find exact instructions from someone who installed camera in CR-V (which should be far from exotic)

not exotic at all but probably the type of info you'd find on a Honda forum, that said it's not that difficult, just identify some suitable circuits to use

I wonder is there is custom / open source soft and re-flash instructions?

no, there's generally very little support for this chipset unfortunately, the solution comes from a software house that supplies the generic public model products

yes I understand that but does it use the same camera for reverse cam or uses a third camera

According to my test it does use same camera for both reverse cam and recording... which is exactly what I want btw, makes everything simpler...

According to my test it does use same camera for both reverse cam and recording... which is exactly what I want btw, makes everything simpler...

there's a couple of ways this is typically done

when you tried it on the bench and you triggered the reverse wire I take it the screen came on and showed the reverse cam feed, did it show it correctly, eg image reversed, and continue recording a non reversed image?

when switched to reverse it had guidelines overlaid on the display but not shown in the video?

the solution comes from a software house that supplies the generic public model products

yeah, English translation of many of menu items is very poor but they do not bother to release s/w update, telling me it's good enough...
One thing I could not get working is motion detection in parking mode, supplier insists it is supported in addition to G-sensor, but I have only been able to get G-sensor activated recording to work. Another annoying feature that parking mode needs to be activated manually, i.e. I have to manually turn on camera after ACC off...

there's a couple of ways this is typically done

when you tried it on the bench and you triggered the reverse wire I take it the screen came on and showed the reverse cam feed, did it show it correctly, eg image reversed, and continue recording a non reversed image?

when switched to reverse it had guidelines overlaid on the display but not shown in the video?

I need to re-test it and get back to you, I do not have good reverse camera, one I got is piece of crap... open to suggestion btw. on getting good reverse camera... It did record but I didn't paid attention do to poor quality of my test rear-view camera. I bet it's worst case scenario, good point, I will check...

in all honestly you will likely find it more reliable if you don't try and use parking mode, it may be a supported function as in there is a menu option for it bit it's unlikely to work well, on this solution G-Sensor is generally problematic and again the product can be a lot more reliable with it turned off, use it within its capabilities and it will likely be a lot more serviceable for you

does it have a battery inside?

in all honestly you will likely find it more reliable if you don't try and use parking mode... does it have a battery inside?

parking mode in test bed seems to work OK, Lukas takes care of battery discharge, G-sensor activates recording, don't see why I would not use it... I think it simply doesn't have motion detection (or by motion detection they mean motion of the car itself which is same as G-sensor) and supplier is not telling me that

no battery inside, according to supplier, car battery is good enough :) , oh well...

parking mode in test bed seems to work OK, Lukas takes care of battery discharge, G-sensor activates recording, don't see why I would not use it... I think it simply doesn't have motion detection (or by motion detection they mean motion of the car itself which is same as G-sensor) and supplier is not telling me that

no battery inside, according to supplier, car battery is good enough :) , oh well...

ok, no battery inside is a plus, some of them do

the G-Sensor on this platform generally causes problems during regular use while driving and is often better off disabled, something to be aware of but no harm in trying and see how it goes

ok, no battery inside is a plus, some of them do

I thought, it is a plus, it wold be good if cam had an internal clock and it would be even better if it could synchronize with GPS, my 100$ Garmin watch can do it, why not mirror?

the G-Sensor on this platform generally causes problems during regular use while driving and is often better off disabled, something to be aware of but no harm in trying and see how it goes

yes, I agree, once I figure out ACC/BAT/REVERSE :) and install the cam, I will test both options.

G-sensor auto detect always disabled for normal driving
  1. Parking mode with G-sensor auto detect
  2. Parking mode with continuous recording (as long as Lukas will not cut-off)
Will see which one will work better for me...

I thought, it is a plus, it wold be good if cam had an internal clock and it would be even better if it could synchronize with GPS, my 100$ Garmin watch can do it, why not mirror?

can't say I've seen a GPS version using this platform, it doesn't need GPS to be able to keep time though but not sure they have an RTC battery to keep time, probably just relies on the permanent power feed to keep the settings

Back