Need help with setting up the F750!!!

E90blackwidow

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just bought the F750 with front and back camera, hardwired it to the fusebox too. I was so excited to see the footage, but then it just let me down.... here's couple questions with the, just wondering if i can change the camera setting, because i couldn't find it in setting.

1. Does the camera only record 1min clips? every 1 min it will start a new clip, so is it possible that i can change that?

2. While i was driving it was in continuous mode, and i hit a pothole, the camera beep once and i found the same footage on the other file... why?

3. Since i hardwired it to a live fuse which will provide battery 24/7 and if it goes lower the selected voltage from the setting, it will shut off automatically, but when i went on to the SD card, the camera only recorded 6 clips which is like 6mins, and it died at 12.0V. So my question is what voltage do you guys set it at. There is two voltage setting which i don't quite understand what it is. 12V and 24V...

4. It comes with a 16GB micro SD, I'm wondering if the camera would read a 200GB SD card ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 11.09.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 11.09.20 PM.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 11
1. You can't change the length of clips to my knowledge.

2. THe dashcam thinks you were just in an accident so this is why it puts it in the continuous incidence folder.

3. I didn't touch the 24v setting but set the 12v one to 11.6v. I think this one depends on the car you have and the climate you're in.

4. It works on 128gb. Try it with 200gb and let us know :)

2) reduce the impact sensitivity in the settings
3) Did you wire ACC as well as BATTERY? The unit knows if it is on 12V or 24V supply so ignores the 24V setting if you have a 12V car. As you see in the screenshot it is slightly misleading as it doesn't show what you selected. In yours it is 11.9V. However there is also a timer, but that is set between 6 hours and 48 hours. You need to find out how low your battery voltage can be and still start the car. Then you can set the slider to that voltage.

not possible. maybe with a future firmware update....?

Thats shame would be nice to be able to do this ! Talking of updates do thinkware notify you of latest updates as i haven't had any ? and how many times a year as i,m new to this dash cam scene. My tomtom gives me 4 updates a year and i,m notified by email.

does anyone no wether this can be done as i would also like to adjust mine to 3 min clips

Heck I'd like the full 4GB limit that the Fat32 file system has. That way if something 'cool' happens on a long trip, I can scan through the longer video files to find it. Or dump the large video files into an editor. Instead of having to work with 150 small 1 minute files.

1 hr. Even 30 mins. C'mon! 1 minute is ridiculous. I'll see if I can email Thinkware support and ask it for a future firmware update.

You wouldn't want long file clips, if you have a catastrophic problem you could easily render 30min or whatever you wanted of footage completely useless. and besides, both the thinkware viewer and our very own dashcam viewer on here will play back multiple files seamlessly. with dashcam viewer you can then stitch them in to a single clip.

When you say you hardwired it to a live feed, did you use the kit? If not then your running the camera at full bore, it will easy away at the battery fairly quickly, also setting the battery cut off to less than 12v might give you a serious issue in the winter if your a diesel car, petrol will be slightly better

don't bother asking thinkware to increase the file sizes, as I said above, they set it at a min for seveal very good reasons, plus they will ignore you anyway!

I think the dual save function they have wouldn't work with anything larger than a 1 minute file anyway, not enough memory to be able to handle larger files

Yeah, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it writes the files in memory as it records, then dumps them to the card after the 1 minute is up.. Would need a lot more RAM to handle much bigger file sizes.

Yeah, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it writes the files in memory as it records, then dumps them to the card after the 1 minute is up.. Would need a lot more RAM to handle much bigger file sizes.

If that were the case, there would be a delay between videos - while it's dumping current memory to SD card. At 80MB per file, it would take a few seconds to write from memory -> SD, so each video in the sequence would have a few seconds of gap.

don't forget cache my friends and also remember that its only dumping 1.3 MB/s or 2.6MB in dual camera mode, that Is easily within the capability of the SD card, without gaps

Back