Chechako

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

I’ve finally got a JooVuu X. I read manual but some things are confusing. I would appreciate your advice with regard to the typical settings.

Should there be different resolution settings for using X as a dash cam and as an action camera?

What resolution would you recommend for daytime recording?

Actually, is there a way to determine what resolution would be best for my circumstances? I will watch the files on my PC (1920 x 1080) and 60” plasma TV set that is a full HD set.

What settings would be optimal for the G sensor?

Artificial light frequency. What is it for? What setting to choose from the two?

What field of view would you recommend when using as a dash cam if my primary goal is to be able to see the license plates numbers as clearly as possible?

As an action camera, is a wider field of view better?

How do I determine what firmware is installed and whether it needs to be updated?

Sorry for so many questions. But I believe they might be useful for other non-technical newbies like myself.

Thank you!

I use the 1080 on my camera but some prefer the higher resolutions.
I dont use the G sensor myself, dont feel a need for it as i allways record while driving and i dont use parking guard. there have been some issus regarding G sensor, and i am not quite sure if those was fixed in latest firmware.
Artificial lighting is the Hz you use where you are, here in Denmark we use 50 Hz in our mains socket, and still some things i pass buy are flashing, mostly billbords at gas stations with the gas price.
Regarding FOV i have experimented a little and i prefer the small ones, but since this is just done on the sensor and not as a result of the lens beeing a larger or smaller FOV i dont see any difference in regard to plate capture.
Firmware and APP version you can see when you have the camera connected to your phone/tablet, you have to press the jovuu logo on the top of the main screen to see those.

Hi,

I’ve finally got a JooVuu X. I read manual but some things are confusing. I would appreciate your advice with regard to the typical settings.

Should there be different resolution settings for using X as a dash cam and as an action camera?

What resolution would you recommend for daytime recording?

Actually, is there a way to determine what resolution would be best for my circumstances? I will watch the files on my PC (1920 x 1080) and 60” plasma TV set that is a full HD set.

What settings would be optimal for the G sensor?

Artificial light frequency. What is it for? What setting to choose from the two?

What field of view would you recommend when using as a dash cam if my primary goal is to be able to see the license plates numbers as clearly as possible?

As an action camera, is a wider field of view better?

How do I determine what firmware is installed and whether it needs to be updated?

Sorry for so many questions. But I believe they might be useful for other non-technical newbies like myself.

Thank you!

Hi Checkako,
I'm re-writing the manual - it really is not the best, so I'm currently doing that.

I always recommend 1080 60fps for day time, even in cloudy weather it's good, at night it's less good, which is when I go to 2560 resolution till it's light again. This is mainly what I use for action and car, some people will disagree with me, but these are just my preferred settings.

I personally based on your TV etc would go for 1080 60fps day time, and then switch to 1080P 30 HDR for night time, as that will fit your screen perfectly for watching the video back on.

I have my G-Sensor off as anything I want to save I just lock it manually.

ALF is a very specific option and will actually be removed from the app soon so don't worry about that.

I use 155 degrees at all times, some people prefer it narrower, but I like the broad view on 155. For action I would ALWAYS use wide, for driving 120 is probably optimal, but for me, I just prefer the wide view.

You can determine what firmware is installed by connecting to the app, and clicking on the JooVuu X logo on the main screen and you'll see the firmware version there.

When there is an update we send push notifications or you can check on the website at www.joovuu-x.com/software-apps/. We'll be adding automatic notifications in the near future.

Our PC program also should be ready by the end of the week with some new firmware fixing some bugs and adding some more functionality.

Never apologise for asking questions, it's what I'm here for :)

Cheers,

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much!

Can you advise when the long-awaited application for Windows based cells will be ready?

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much!

Can you advise when the long-awaited application for Windows based cells will be ready?

Still in early production, we don't have much money to throw at it yet. What we are hoping to do is to put our PC program online which will then be made into an offline app available for any phone. As long as your phone supports OTG you should be able to change settings on your Windows phone.

Cheers,

Thank you! Hopefully it will happen soon.

Hi,

I tried manually to format the SD card. The manual reads that once I press the power button at the end of the process the LED should blink red, which means it was successfully formatted. But it blinked green two times and that's it. I tried to repeat the procedure but it did not blink at all.

Is there a way to determine whether the card has been formatted?

Thank you!

Back