Need help with the Blackvue 650. Can't find WiFi and other stuff

Soapy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received my new BlackVue 650 dashcam.

I do not know how to use this item. There are no step by step instructions.

I downloaded the mobile app to my android cellphone. It does not show the 650 and will not allow me to change cams and keeps brings up model 750.

I am getting a message that there is no BlackVue WiFi. Try to discover again. How do I turn on the WiFi on the unit? I have done a search from my cellphone but it doesn't find the cam.

1. how do I turn on wifi on this cam
2. how do I change the model on the cam to 650 (it does not show it and only shows 750) so I do not have a choice
3. I cannot download the PC version of the software. It is on my cpu, pops open, then immediately closes.

Any help would be appreciated. I saw the two videos for the 650 but they don't go through the simple stuff (like my questions ask about)

As I said in your other thread download the manual

If your phone can't detect the 650, it probably has something to do with the fact that the SSID of the Wi-Fi is "empty". To correct this you have to install the Blackvue software on your PC and stick the micro SDcard via the USB-adapter in the PC. Now you can change the settings of the 650 and give the cam a SSID.

Had the same problem with my 600, after putting a name in SSID my problem of detecting the cam was solved!

Back