Need help with the hardwiring of a Cheap Chinese Dash Cam!!

Ash786

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I purchased this dash cam and I intend on hardwiring this into the internal fuse box of my car.

I already know which fuse I should use and I have an 'add a fuse' and all the necessary tools.

The problem I have is that the cable provided consists of 3 wires, A negative, positive and ACC.

When researching about the installation of dashcams, I have only seen cables which consist of two wires, a live wire and an Earth. This makes me think that I may not be able to hardwire the dash cam!!

Does anyone know what I can do about this? Or if it is possible for me to install the dash cam.

a 3 wire power supply suggests it's only meant to be hardwired

The manual which is written in poor english is hard to understand, so im totally confused on what to do

please share link to the product.
also make photo of wires and "chinglish" user manual wire diagram.

Hi,

I purchased this dash cam and I intend on hardwiring this into the internal fuse box of my car.

I already know which fuse I should use and I have an 'add a fuse' and all the necessary tools.

The problem I have is that the cable provided consists of 3 wires, A negative, positive and ACC.

When researching about the installation of dashcams, I have only seen cables which consist of two wires, a live wire and an Earth. This makes me think that I may not be able to hardwire the dash cam!!

Does anyone know what I can do about this? Or if it is possible for me to install the dash cam.

Looks like you need another add a fuse. One going to perm 12v and the other going to a switched circuit.

Back