Need mini video cam to record from our door window

dashcam1

Reaction score
Country
United States
We live in a small condo building 2 bedroom apartment. On our rear entry and exit door from the kitchen . Someone is leaving food at the at the door mat . A month ago a half size bagel was hidden under the door mat . Today when we went our in the afternoon for two hours and came back we found a small bagel that is left intentionally . We are on second floor and the condo is a small 3 floor building. Mixed race people live and different sex. We are Asian American . Please see the pictures are below. We have no enemy in this small building We haven’t had any trouble with anyone. We are a parent and a small special needs child . I can’t understand why anyone would do this intentionally to us. Making us feel bit nervous. Of course the condo association won’t allow us to install any cameras or anything upside the door or walls. Need something I can stick or hang on the small window that is on the door and attach it there so it can record whoever is going up or down or coming towards our door. Please see the pictures and suggest an affordable mini camera with WiFi and our SD card. Thank you

Attachments

• 96261BCB-6751-4366-97E5-059E58B1B503.jpeg
    96261BCB-6751-4366-97E5-059E58B1B503.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 36
  • B5FDDE81-2BFB-4A9E-BA39-C4DB29501CA9.jpeg
    B5FDDE81-2BFB-4A9E-BA39-C4DB29501CA9.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 7C53E6BA-CCCF-478D-AA6F-B145E237A436.jpeg
    7C53E6BA-CCCF-478D-AA6F-B145E237A436.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DD9F67B4-7851-4D66-8864-B1AB423DD5F9.jpeg
    DD9F67B4-7851-4D66-8864-B1AB423DD5F9.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 32
A mobius maxi, maybe.

(That looks more like a piece of biscuit)
:)

Not sure any of the current, normal wifi security cams would work, can you put a doorbell type cam on the door, inside of the security door?

It may not be a person doing this but rather an animal. Around my neighborhood it's not at all unusual to see squirrels running around and hiding food they get out of someone's unsecured garbage.

It may not be a person doing this but rather an animal. Around my neighborhood it's not at all unusual to see squirrels running around and hiding food they get out of someone's unsecured garbage.
my first thought also

I am certian that it is someone's intentional act! 4 feet from my door is my neighbor's door on same balcony . same on floor above and below me. I don't see this on their door.This type of biscuit and bagel are not left, hidden on my neighbor's door. In today's incident, this biscuit or bread wasn't there when we left at 4 pm. When we arrived back at 6pm, this food item is left there. in previous incident, a half size bagel was hidden right under the curb and under the doormat that you see. Pls suggest a small video cam I can stick or attach on the small see through window on my door. we are poor. low income family and we bought this 2 bedroom condo in this area with loan and hardship. Can't move around due to financial situation. I wish this is done to US by an animal but I highly doubt it cos WHY US on 2nd floor?

A mobius maxi, maybe.

(That looks more like a piece of biscuit)
:)

Not sure any of the current, normal wifi security cams would work, can you put a doorbell type cam on the door, inside of the security door?
I believe I can do what I wish inside the door or the security door as long as it is small and not a huge eye sore to neighbors walking up and down the stairs. Pls suggest to us so we can take a look and buy.
I searched a lot on amazon, what about this thing? https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07JR3ZPV7 Thank you

there's a cheap small home cam that works well, it's a small white one on a stand, can't recall the name of it but I think @Dashmellow may know the model number and be able to point you in the right direction

might be this one I think https://www.wyze.com/

Yes that's it! For the specific camera you are referencing the link is HERE.

Amazing product for the money! 20 bucks!

Can stick this on the door(inside) or the small window on the door? I don't prefer something outside.

You can stick this thing and aim this thing to all kinds of angles. It even includes a neodymium magnet in the base so that you can stick it to any ferrous metal object.

I pasted 2 links of the doors above, where would you put /stick this? May fall off and down when I open or close the door? I don't want this outside of the door or on any exterior wall. Thanks

Last edited:
I pasted 2 links of the doors above, where would you put /stick this? I don't want this outside of the door or on any exterior wall. Thanks

I dunno. @jokiin tagged me to post about this particular camera but I haven't really followed your thing here. There are outdoor solutions similar to this.

it seems this always have to be plugged in with a cord to an outlet.

no camera runs on fresh air, it's going to need power one way or another
I pasted 2 links of the doors above, where would you put /stick this? May fall off and down when I open or close the door? I don't want this outside of the door or on any exterior wall. Maybe there is a way to bring the cable with a longer cable.

for your particular need just about anything is going to need a bit of DIY, whether that's double sided tape and a portable battery pack or some other solution is hard to say, but it's something you'll need to consider

There are also a range of doorbell cameras, i have also seen a door camera that sort of snap over the top of the door tool-less.

Also a range of peephole cameras, but that don't appear to be a option on your door, and many hidden cameras in lights and so on and working like the wyze and similar cameras.

EDIT : seem like ATM some selling stuff network have the remo at a discounted price.

Last edited:
Back