Need mini video cam to record from our door window

Reusable or one time use ?

As I've tried to explain, it's like Velcro. You're familiar with Velcro, right?

The sticky sides are essentially one time use but the parts of the two pieces of Dual Lock tape that snap together can be connected and separated countless times.

Velcro are like 2 pieces of tape to stick to either part, but on the other side of the tape it will have little plastic hooks on the one part and little string loops on the other part, that the hooks can grip onto.
So the hook / loop side are a bond you can break and attach again and again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00006IC2T
Another reusable locking method 3M also use are sort of the same, but instead of hooks and loops its more like little plastic mushrooms that get pushed together, and when they get down under eachothers "hat" they lock together, this way are a lot stronger than velcro.

3M-Scotch-Extreme-Fasteners-Self-Locking-Side.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00347A8GM

These tapes are so damn expensive . I better try again to see if the cord can be hidden so it won’t touch the door or call someone for help. Got to use the power cord to save money and hassle! Fully charged 16k battery last only 2 days.
I just thought of this... If you have EZ Pass you can request a couple sets of the 3m locking system for the EZ Pass and they will send it to you for free

...Though I don't own one, I have researched the "Wyze" cam and believe it will be the best solution for you....
Because of you mentioning this it will be my new 'toy' once it gets here. Looking at the description and published capabilities it's well worth the ~$30 price just to play around with.

Thanks for being yet another 'enabler' in my life. (y)

I solved the problem ! I found a way to use the cord . There was tiny gap between my doors and used the small gap on top to bring the cord and from there behind my fridge to the counter top outlet! No more hassle now . The 25ft cord I bought on amazon for $8 was too long but perfect ! Used a Velcro to tie the cable and stays behind my fridge . No mess!

Attachments

• 655E769D-1C9D-49F8-B72F-F4970E39194B.jpeg
    655E769D-1C9D-49F8-B72F-F4970E39194B.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 3DDE01DF-A0E6-414A-8049-4A5451D4BFA8.jpeg
    3DDE01DF-A0E6-414A-8049-4A5451D4BFA8.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 24
I had my large PTZ camera screwed to the top of my balcony door, the wire was fed in over the door and the weather sealing on the door allowed that just fine.
Will do the same again, when i can afford to buy a new PTZ camera.

what would I say if the condo association asks me about the cam? My cam is in MY door and pointing on my door , my door mat. you also see the tiny balcony. that's it. Not that they saw or or asked me anything.. I mean just in case someone from association asks me! Our is a small condo and the president is my 3rd floor neighbor. May see the cam if they look up on my door when they take the stairs up and down from and to their room.

what would I say if the condo association asks me about the cam? My cam is in MY door and pointing on my door , my door mat. you also see the tiny balcony. that's it. Not that they saw or or asked me anything.. I mean just in case someone from association asks me! Our is a small condo and the president is my 3rd floor neighbor. May see the cam if they look up on my door when they take the stairs up and down from and to their room.
Always best to tell the truth! - you are a wildlife film maker and are trying to film the rats :)

And you can point out that it is temporary if there is any objection.

When you're locked into such agreements, they must give you a reasonable amount of time to correct any rules infractions once they've officially notified you of it. State and US law backs that up a thousand times over. You'll find the details in your agreement as they are always specified. That is almost never less than one week, is usually 14 days, and is often 30 days. You can leave the cam in place right up to the deadline with no real problems, and by then you'll probably find what you're looking for. There may be other angles involved based on how the agreement is worded and how local laws have been made and applied but that's far too deep to go into here.

Just keep low-profile and comply with any official requirements within the deadlines given and you'll be OK. The odds are that nobody is going to notice for a long time, and even if they do they might not care enough to take action.

Phil

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless someone asks. And if your condo association does ask, simply explain what you are doing and why. Any reasonable person looking at the camera will see that it is aimed at the floor outside your door and not intentionally covering any part of the vestibule where people would be passing by.

Then there is the camera itself which might not immediately even be recognized as a camera by many casual observers walking by. Even better is the fact that the body of the camera is mostly hidden from view by the frame of your outer security door.

wyze_in-doorframe.jpg

Because of you mentioning this it will be my new 'toy' once it gets here. ...
Well it showed up in the mail today. Been toying with it for a couple of hours and I'm impressed with what you get for the price. I'll be playing with it over the next few days exercising the various options and settings and will start a separate thread with my findings.

CCTV cameras are more forgiving, try put one in a car and it will probably be a lousy dashcam.
I have seen some cameras with battery in them and wifi, so i figure when camping you could set one up as a perimeter alert.
But that on its own will also take a lot of power for the camera and phone or tablet having to be on all the time to sound alerts, not so much of a issue here as aside for a few roaming wolves then the biggest "nasties" here are the ones we vote for.
Personally i prefer my own low explosive perimeter alert, and it don't run out of power, but it do render itself inert after a while as rubber bands are a part of it, and those and sunshine are not a good combination.

And i have a "Donk" in my alter ego.

A mobius maxi or #16 with extension cable would be more discreet.

Back