Need new cameras

xdecx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all i started w a $30 amazon cam. Then I got QVIA 975. $475 later. My car was totaled. I couldn’t get the power cable or rear cam out. Reached out to QVIA. No response for over a year. I am now looking to replace that. I am willing to spend whatever it takes to get what I want. I have both my front and rear windows with 30% tint on it.
I want absoluty best night time lens/sensor.
I want dual cameras.
I want parking mode.
I dont care about wifi
I dont care if its 1080 or 2k or 4k.
GPS is cool. I would take it if I could. If not oh well.

What would everyone recommend??
Im in nyc btw

Thanks!

It boils down to your budget. Dash cams are a mass market commodity like a TV. There are lots of options at different price points and you will have to decide which features are important, you mentioned dual cameras, parking mode, and night vision. Just keep in mind that dash cams are like most other things- you usually get what you pay for. Based on your requirements, the usual suspects, Thinkware, Blackvue or Street Guardian. If parking mode is the most important feature, Thinkware.

Best low light performing sensor are the Sony IMX 291 ( 1080p sensor )
Sadly Lukas / Qvia only seem to want to sell dashcams in the west, i can only assume they support their home Korean market better.
The best cameras for parking mode blackvue & thinkware so seem to be better at that on the expense of IQ, at least that have been consensus for a while.
Newer cameras like the SG ones and a few others should not have that issue, and if you want a totally other support experience than what Qvia gave you, then there are no ones but Street Guardian.
Many cameras now use time lapse footage for parking ( 1 - 10 FPS ) constant mode, a G-sensor activation should send cameras into regular 30 fps + sound recording mode.
This is done to mitigate heat development in parking mode when parked outside in the sun,,,,,,, it is this or constant 30 FPS recording that shut down due to heat at some stage.

I was looking at BV DR900s w ultra battery. Its $700 for both. I have a $1000 budget for this.

Image Quality.

What ever capture your fancy, have a good rummage thru their sub forum in here, and chat up some owners up to get their feedback.

Back