need parking mode explained

quangdaika

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I got the 129 and the Viofo 3 wire hardwire kit. All the wiring is correct. Is there a standby mode when the car is off? What are the settings so that the cameras (front and rear) only record when there is impact? It seems like the camera is always recording. TIA.

There is a massive thread all about this and how you can achieve parking mode, the lead needs to be plugged directly into the camera and not the base to utilise all 5 pins, one of which is the trigger for parking mode. You also need to install the latest beta firmware v1.5 as parking mode is not set up on the official release. It records continually at either 15, 5 or 3fps whilst in parking mode and then when the ACC pin triggers the cam then it should go back to high bit rate standard ‘real time’ recording.

This is the information I have gained by scouring the forum, I’d suggest you have a look around too and see what you can find out. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey so I have the same problem. The camera is constantly recording it doesnt go into a standby mode. Is this right?

Hey so I have the same problem. The camera is constantly recording it doesnt go into a standby mode. Is this right?
With ACC hardwire kit, in auto event detection parking mode, it will enter into standby mode if there is no motion/impact detected.

When its in parking mode is the recording light supposed to stay on even when the car is off.

Ok thanks, just to be sure I have bit rate on low, motion off, time lapse off, loop on and parking mode on auto detect

When looking at the footage one would think the camera is constantly recording, it's not. I examined my card today and there were lapses in time, or gaps in the recording time stamps on the actual files (in Windows Explorer... i.e. 12:55 and next one 12:59, and suddenly a person or car driving by appears about mid screen). Some clips are only 30 seconds whilst others are the full 1min (my loop recording is set to 1m). I'm not quite sure why some are 30 seconds and others are 1min.

With that said............ I wish there was a sensitivity sensor. I really don't need 90% of my footage of it just sitting in the driveway. I could use the xFPS mode, but kind of like the granularity of Event Detection. The term "Event Detection" is rather lose or vague. I was a little surprised to see how much recording the little bugger does when absolutely nothing is going on.

Luckily today I'm getting in my 265GiB card, and I can ditch the 16GiB card which is all about useless... I think the one thing that is lacking with these cameras (not just this brand but others) is lack of documentation explaining different things. But then again we have this forum and as people gain experience, they can help others out.

Back