Need recommendation please..

TopsyKretts

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I currently use Blackvue DR400G-HD II, while the picture quality and the model is quite to my liking, however they don't perform well under hot temperature. I live in Indonesia where the temperature in the afternoon can easily reach up to 35 degrees for the whole year. Eventually during night time recording, my blackvue start having a halo like effect on every lights my car has passed. This is the second time it happened, the first time it happened I send the camera back to the store and got a replacement, now I can't be bothered to send it back again. So now, I just want to replace my old blackvue with a new dashcam (dual channel preferred) that can withstand the very hot temperature inside my car. I came across BlackVue DR550GW-2CH, any feedback how this camera durability under hot temp? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Sometimes just cleaning the front of the lens will fix it. One of my friends camera did that and I cleaned it with a cotton bud and its OK now Other than that its not hard to take it apart and clean the inside of the lens which should fix it as well.

I think the lens isn't dirty, nobody or nothing touched the lens, this is more like hardware issue I believe. I'll try cleaning the lens later tonight, hope that will fix the issue.

there's a problem with the 400 series that causes a build up of gunk in the inside of the lens, about a 10 minute job to fix it

before and after cleaning

how to clean it

It is caused by chemical reaction in the plastics in the dashboards If you don't clean the inside of the windscreen the same thing will happen No one needs to touch it breathe on it or even look at it.
It happens believe us.

Do what Jokins video says and it should fix it.

You asked for advice and have been given the usual cure so why question it.

If you know better share it with us so we can learn also.

I notice that camera doesn't have the lipo battery mine has and has a larger button battery in it?????

Last edited:
My bad, I thought you were referring the cleaning of outside of the lens. The video was great, I'll surely try to follow the instructions. Also, any feedback on the blackvue 2ch on hot temp? Are they working as good?

Thanks for the helps guys!

The two channel doesn't seem to have any issues with heat, unfortunately it has other issues though

My bad, I thought you were referring the cleaning of outside of the lens. The video was great, I'll surely try to follow the instructions. Also, any feedback on the blackvue 2ch on hot temp? Are they working as good?

Thanks for the helps guys!

I was but also said it could be the inside. A simple clean of the outside lens fixed my Bro in laws camera.

The 550 has electrical and wifi issues Much better to use the 400 and buy a 350 or an old 300 and stick it in the rear.

That's what I did but then I don't make Youtube epics to bore everyone.

I just set it and forget it unless something happens that I need to look at.

This is what my video looks like during the day:

and during the night:

Do I need to clean the inside regularly or just once off?

yeah that looks like it's the dirty lens problem, not all of these are affected but those that do seem to suggest the first time you clean it will be the worst and it might need to be done once or twice a year maybe, you're in a hotter climate so I'd guess you'll probably be wanting to do it every 6 months, not too difficult as you can see from the videos

Thanks, I'll do it tonight.

Also, I'm gonna need to buy another 2 of this dashcam, which model would you guys recommend? The successor of this 400s any better?

Followed the instructions on the video, my 400 works as new now! Thanks everyone. Any advice on my next dashcam? Should I get the same ones or get the next gen 500s?

Back