Need sg9665gc v3 operation instructions.

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally got my sg9665gc v3 installed and ready to take her out and stretch her legs. I assume I just put the micro sd 64gb card in and go, right? How do I use the bigger sd adapter? and the little thing that looks like a thumb drive.. ..and how do I operate the camera after going into the menu and setting it up?

The bigger SD adapter are only for use if you use the card in something with a regular SD card slot, digital cameras for instance use the regular sized cards so you just slide the little memory card into the bigger adapter if you one day need to use the memory card in something that only have the big slot, but for the SG9665GC operation you dont really need that adapter.

After you have made changes in the menu and exit the camera should start to record on its own just like it should when you start your car, so other than change things in the menu you dont need to interact with the camera in day to day operations, it should start to record when you crank the car and stop recording when you stop and leave the car.

Only thing i would say are maybe use the round button in the middle to create a event recording of something you want to save, as i recall this lock the current recording and the one before it or after it depending on when you press the button.
So lets say you use 3 minute file setting ( i think that's the default file size ) so if you press the round event button 2 minutes after a segment have started to record it will also lock the following file segment so you have 2 files in the RO ( Read Only ) folder on the memory card, each file 3 minutes.

Or lets say you press the round event button 1 minute after a segment have started to record, this will then save the current recording segment and the one before it, and again you will get 2 files in the RO folder on the memory card, each 3 minutes long if you use the default 3 minute file size.

When the camera are recording event file There are a yellow triangle on the top of the screen, the camera will go strait into regular recording after that and you will not loose a split second of action.

The little thing are a thumb drive card reader you can use on a android phone that have a micro USB plug for charging it ( the little plug on the thumbdrive looking thing )
On the other end you find the regular USB drive, that you can use with a computer.
On the side of the thumb drive looking thing you will find 2 openings, one that fit the little memory card as it is, and one larger opening that fit the little memory card inserted into the larger SD card adapter, or just a regular full size SD memory card.

if you put the memory card into the little slot in the thumbdrive looking thing and then insert it into your phone, your computer should see it and react just as if you have put in a thumb drive.

If you are not going to use parking guard and have the camera hardwired for that i recommend these settings in the menu.

Use REC or MIC button to move up or down in menus, and the round button to select

Resolution: 1080p the only one supported.
Quality: high
Loop recording: 3 minutes
WDR: On
EV: leave at 0 if not having tinted windows, if you do have that you can experiment with this setting.
Metering: full frame.
Contrast: 0
Motion detection: off if you dont use parking guard.
Motion time out: 1 minute
Record audio: on / off whatever you like, can be changed with mic button on camera front too.
Date stamp: on / off if you like date watermarked in footage.
Display logo: on / off, this are the little street guardian logo in the corner of the footage.
GPS: if you want the camera to use the GPS antenna, if you like off you can also just not plug in the antenna but then you have to set the time / date manually.
G sensor: i use off as i dont use parking guard, and when i drive i record all the time anyway so i dont feel a need for this.
Date/time: if you use GPS it will set according to satellites, if you do not plug in gps antenna you will have to set this manual ( use menu button to change in between the different things you want to change and round button to select )
Time zone: set this if you use GPS antenna to give the correct time for your location, if you dont use the GPS antenna the time/date will be what you have entered manual.
Boot delay: use if you drive a diesel, this is to give car time to do its thing before camera start up as it cam mess up things otherwise.
Auto restart: the time before the camera try to restart / reboot if it encounter a problem.
Beep sound: On / off what ever you like.
Languages: English.
TV mode: NTSC
Frequency: 60 Hz
Screen saver: time to screen go dark
Format: Yes / no to format the memory card in camera.
Default: reset camera /menu to default settings
Car no: enter what you like watermarked into footage.
Version: current firmware on the camera.

Thanks KamKar..sounds like you got a cold. When can I see the video of your computer set up?

O sorry i totally forgot but i think i also posted that in another posting of yours, at least that was my plan.

The sound are pretty low i was not able to find a way to crank up the microphone on my headset.

This is another little screen grab about how to use the basics of Registrator viewer.

There are some fix that need to be installed after you installed registrator viewer to get the google maps API to work, as i recall Street guardian have both for download in their support section.

Its a bit old software but still some of the best out there for the cameras that work with it, but the author of it a Russian guy was sadly killed in a MC accident some time ago so there are no more development going on with it.

If you dont bother with the map part of the program just " yeah right" to the boxes that might pop up, the viewing and other features still work good.
The GC as you know have a 1000 ms file overlap, using registrator viewer you can remove that automatic by entering that into the program, that way you can export a long session made up of say 20 smaller files as one large video and without the file overlap in between the individual little files.

I also demo that in the video above.

I never even tried that, have my trusty go to multi format memory card reader connected to the PC, the on the go SG card reader and the SD adapter are in my car just to be on the safe side.

Finally got my sg9665gc v3 installed and ready to take her out and stretch her legs. I assume I just put the micro sd 64gb card in and go, right? How do I use the bigger sd adapter? and the little thing that looks like a thumb drive.. ..and how do I operate the camera after going into the menu and setting it up?
It keeps coming up "format card" , then "all data will be deleted" and two choices, cancel and ok. I select cancel and it comes back to that then the screen goes blank. What should I do? Is it recording?

It keeps coming up "format card" , then "all data will be deleted" and two choices, cancel and ok. I select cancel and it comes back to that then the screen goes blank. What should I do? Is it recording?

when you first put a large card in it needs to be formatted before you can do anything, once you format it will start recording, check the clock and once the GPS has synced the time stop the recording and format the card again, from there you're good to go

Select OK, then it should not happen again.

I dont think its recording if it ask for the memory card to be formatted, but if its first day or you have not been in any crashes you can say OK & yes to formatting the memory card.

If the camera is recording the red LED to the Left should flash ( the other red LED on the right side are just the indicator if the microphone are muted or not )

Back