Need some help, replacement camera mount (DAB 205).

Wolfie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Awhile back, I got a DAB 205.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/new-to-this-site-been-looking-at-dashcams.19445/

The suction cup of the mount is now broken and I need a replacement. So I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations. The camera itself still works fine, been using it just about every time I go anywhere. It's only the mount that has failed me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
:)
hi Wolfie...............l got a mount from Amazon that clamps on the arm of the rear view mirror and its adjustable...........it comes with different attachments to fit different cams.....just make sure urs is included before purchase........cost around $11.00 made by Miufly.

Thanks! Don't suppose you could provide a link to it, as I couldn't find it when doing a search.

Thanks! Don't suppose you could provide a link to it, as I couldn't find it when doing a search.
hi Wolfie.............the mount arrived in a brown paper bag ,l had no paperwork whatsoever, l looked up amazon and it is there , my apology it is under the name Amortek>>>>>>>dash cam mirror mount fits Falcon f170h, Rexing v1, Z Edge, Old shark, Yl, Ambay, dlinksx1, Vantrue and many more..............cost $11.99.........just make sure will fit your cam.......you can always call them.

That one I had come across. Will have to ask if it will fit the DAB 205. Thanks. :)

@jokiin, I hope you're wrong on this. Btw, thank you for your help when I was trying to pick a dash cam. Maybe @CaptureYourAction will have an answer.
Can you post a picture of the top of the camera where the mount attaches? Dome changed the mount design at some point, so there are two different designs around.

Can you post a picture of the top of the camera where the mount attaches? Dome changed the mount design at some point, so there are two different designs around.
Odd, I didn't get a notification that you had responded.

Mine is the one as seen on Amazon, with the wide opening and it saying that it's a new mount design. It's not mostly closed off, as the refurbished one shown on your site. The piece of the mount that broke is the suction cup section, namely the part that holds the solid part of the section to the twist knob.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01FL3PYZQ

Odd, I didn't get a notification that you had responded.

Mine is the one as seen on Amazon, with the wide opening and it saying that it's a new mount design. It's not mostly closed off, as the refurbished one shown on your site. The piece of the mount that broke is the suction cup section, namely the part that holds the solid part of the section to the twist knob.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01FL3PYZQ
OK. I think I have one. Send me a private message with your order number and I'll send it out.

Update on this.

@CaptureYourAction sent me a replacement mount and it works like a charm. When I asked about cost and shipping, he said he was sending it to me at no charge. This, even though my original order was close to two years ago, well out of the time of his promised time of support. So, kudos to him, and it definitely supports the good things I'd heard about him since before my purchase.

Always good to be able to help out with some old stuff you have lying around, a few weeks ago i sent 3 lenses to Canada to a guy with lens problems on his 0906.
Better to do that than collecting dust here, and it only cost me a big mac price to send, so for me at least win - win

With all the obnoxious behavior you hear about in the news these days, people doing kind things for others is a welcome change. One day, these "acts of kindness" and "pay it forward" mentalities will become the norm, and I look forward to that.

Back