Need some mounting help

DashCameowra

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have a couple of SGZC12SGSK with 256GB cards and they work great. I've switched cars and need some mounting advice from you experts. One camera I plan on mounting under the rearview mirror:

27247d1354494092-any-981-cayman-photo-requests-img_6231-jpg

However the second camera I'm more interested in putting on the horizontal bar behind the seats:

27251d1354494462-any-981-cayman-photo-requests-img_6245-jpg

Another view:

2014-porsche-cayman-s-rear-storage-space.jpg

That way I can either turn the camera and face it back or have it see the kawkpit (stupid censor) view. The best I could come up with was to combine https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00P1MDOYG with some sort of clip with a flat surface. I clip the bar, attach the 3M adhesive mount to the clip and then the dashcam to the mount.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I really like my dashcams and don't want to re-invest in other brands. Thank you!

Click HERE for Ultra Low profile mount for the front.

As per rear camera position, as I understood you want to mount it on top of that bar and be able to turn it to rear ( outside view ) and some time turn it inside car for the front view, right ?

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

As per rear camera position, as I understood you want to mount it on top of that bar and be able to turn it to rear ( outside view ) and some time turn it inside car for the front view, right ?

View attachment 20475

View attachment 20474

Exactly ! Yes. That would be nice. A dashview with driver I can study and improve shifts/driving around the track but when I'm just driving in the country-side, would be nice to get some video of the road behind me :)

Exactly ! Yes. That would be nice. A dashview with driver I can study and improve shifts/driving around the track but when I'm just driving in the country-side, would be nice to get some video of the road behind me :)
There are few solution but they involve DIY.

If you don't have time for DIY, then I have been thinking of another quick and cheap solution.

Stick THIS mount to the bar

HTB1I0FQKXXXXXbSXFXXq6xXFXXXC.jpg

Then use THIS type of mobile phone clamp-holder as a dashcam holder.
HTB1_OONIpXXXXbhXpXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg

HTB184BNKFXXXXbJXVXXq6xXFXXXg.jpg

Back