Need some pre purchase advice please :)

lreynolds89

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Thanks for reading my post.

I am looking to purchase a Dashcam and after many hours trawling the web, I have narrowed it down to the mini 0805. I have a few questions though please:

Can this camera use a 64GB Micro SD Card and if so is class 10 ok? I believe I will have to format it to Fat32?

If I bought 2 (front and rear of my car) can they both be hardwired to my car and use the low voltage limit on the hardwire kit to shut off recording before car battery runs too low? (I am looking at buying 2 hardwire kits, they seem to be a £10 addition each when purchasing the cam).

I am looking to buy on Ebay, from Digi-bay seller, has anyone bought from this seller and would they recommend?

Is there an emergency record button at all? So the previous few minutes are locked and wont be overwritten? Or is this only the case after the G sensor detects sufficient amount of a change of force?~

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Regards

Laurie

Hi Laurie, myself and a work colleague both bought our 0805s from an Amazon seller called ukjerryshopping. £65 for the GPS version. They were fulfilled by Amazon (i.e. it gets sent from an Amazon warehouse in the UK).

Ours have a nominal branding on the camera of Monkon. I thought I'd read somewhere that they make sure the sameras are actually working before they leave China, but can't find that. I guess you pays yer money....etc. Being able to return it to the UK is a big plus.

It does have the emergeny record button but I've found it very fiddly to press.

Am using a 32GB card myself which you format in the camera. A regular on here (Joklin) has recommended formatting larger cards outside the camera and has a link in his postings. You'll find a few of them in this 0805 section.

Can't help on the power thing I'm afraid.

I'm very happy with the performance of my 0805 so far - the most exciting thing it's captured so far though is a multi-pronged flash of lightning near my home one night.

Back