Need Suggestions for Dash Cam

floorlizard

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am hoping somebody can direct me to the best dashcam for my needs. Here are the items I need:

-Dual cam
-HD quality on both cameras
-Quality night-time recording
-Prefer smaller units
-Able to use up to 128GB cards
-Can be hardwired
-Uses an app for review and settings
-Able to record audio
-Accurately monitor speed (hardcoded on video playback)
-Parking Monitor
-Extreme weather capable (I live in Atlanta, GA)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mini 0906 should come out this month, but so far we had not heard any news when.
I doesn't come with app, so you need to setup on the camera.
All the other point I will say yes.

Here is a night time video where I compare it to a a119s. I have a dark tone back window on my car, so at night time the back camera only record close objects.

The hardware (lens) should have been improved from the beta model and so should the heat tolerance. We made some adjustment to the beta model, but after that I have not have any shutdown and I got some days with 97F.

Welcome to DCT :D

I'm afraid there's no cam I know of which fully meets all your desires. The one which comes closest is the almost-released SG9663DC which for now does most of this but only with a 32GB card capability, hasn't got a specific parking mode, and I don't think it's wifi capable. The last one will probably not happen with this cam but it is almost certain that 128GB cards (and possibly higher) will be implemented soon, and later on a parking mode might become workable. The only other cam which comes close is the BlackVue but it's lacking in low-light performance, the rear cam is only 720P, and it has a few other quirks (plus a high price :(). The Mini 0906 may be player here but I do not recommend this manufacturer based on their past history of cams which fail long before they should and poor after-sales support. In a year or two I might think differently- just not right now.

Wifi in cams is very slow for reviewing or downloading files so almost everyone uses the cam screen, pulls the card and uses another device, or plugs an OTG cable in their phone and the cam for viewing or downloading. Much, much faster this way :) Once you find the optimum settings, there's hardly any reason to change them so any interface will do OK for that function. Whatever you choose, it needs to be capacitor powered, not battery powered as I know what the weather is like there ( I live 2 hours north of you now).

There are threads and forums here for darn near every cam you can easily get in the US so I suggest that you do some reading to see what others with the cams you are interested in have experienced with them. Just remember that the perfect cam has never been built and never will be- every choice will have some compromise or quirk going along with it. But there are some very good cams out there anyway and one will likely be close enough to make you happy :cool:

Phil

Back