Need testers for our B2M motorcycle camera

What are the advantages of the B2M over the B1M, besides the obvious video screen?

I could test it, it would be nice to have a firmware compatible with DashCam Viewer, as mentioned elsewhere.

Regards, Fozrider

What are the advantages of the B2M over the B1M, besides the obvious video screen?
B1M without a screen; B2M with a 3" screen;

Right. If you'd like I'll install it on my wife's bike and do a test/feedback/ review when released.

Cheers

That is okay! You can PM me your shipping address!

By the way, only one free sample left for testing...

@estore009 are there any samples still available?

Yes DM me your shipping address :)

Hi I have just joined the group, I'm in Australia and would be extremely happy to receive and test the Blueskysea B2M if they are still available.

I would love to test and look at the firmware to improve the video quality...)

I've got my B2M installed on my 2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800

How do you find the system in general?
Hi @Stephen Penfold - what motorbike are you planning to install on? Could you please import that warm summer weather up north to the Pacific Northwest in the USA? It's cold, dark and rainy now!!!!! Perfect time to add gadgets to the motorbike and do maintenance - coolant change, brake/clutch fluids, install rider backrest.

B2M Install took a while because I'm cautious and Gold Wings have a lot of Tupperware to remove if you want to do a professional and neat install. This is something you don't want to mess up on because you will like be taking a small hole saw and drilling through an panel to hide your DVR in a more weather-proof drier area on your bike.

Installing under the seat when you have storage compartments, top trunks, or hard saddlebags does not make sense to me and it protects the DVR for the weather and theft.

I've installed multiple electronic devices onto that Gold Wing - added hardwired Garmin GPS unit, added USB/accessory port to the top trunk, added LED strips for visibility (sides and headrest), added Skene flickering visibility LEDs - front/back, added an Electrical Connections relayed power distribution block.
  • Could not get the B2M to activate running the + yellow battery wire to the power block, red acc wire to my factory +accessory connection with 5 amp fuse, and ground black wire to factory accessory ground point.
  • The EC power block supplies power through a relay once the ignition is turned on. Would have preferred to wire the B2M to slot 4 next to the GPS in the EC distribution block instead of loading up my 5 amp ACC terminals for battery power and grounds.
EC-Power-Plate-Diagram-heat-usb-Gold-Wing-09-Feb-2020.jpg

As to my opinion on the system in general: Revised Comments (2057 hrs 06 December 2021 Pacific Time)

Really like the hardware. Great cameras, GPS module, wired controller all of good quality. DVR design is great.

Hardware Comments:

One Thing on the Manual - Camera Orientation: It does not state the orientation of the cameras when shipped. The front and rear cameras I received were set up for top mounting - camera on top of motorcycle surface. Would be advisable to let customer know that if they are to bottom mount the camera's (mounted underneath MC surface - under your top trunk), the camera's need to be rotated 180 degrees - or all of your videos/pictures will be upside down.

Three Hardware Things To Improve:
  1. Larger Gauge Power Wires: Would like the power, acc, battery wires to by one gauge larger for durability. If a motorcyclist is working on his MC, the seat gets removed. Don't want to pinch or rip a power wire due to its thinness. and yes, I understand that the low amps do not require thicker AWG wire, but it's nice to have and cost would be minimal and could be a marketing advantage. I encased the power wiring in wire loops for protection.
  2. Touring Motorcycle Kit With Longer Cables. The cable lengths would seem fine for shorter/more compact sport bikes, naked bikes with a Yamaha MT-07 having an overall length of 2 meters. But Gold Wings, Harley Street Glides and Road Glides and other big touring motorcycle have longer wheelbases as they are design for two persons and comfort. My 2003 Gold Wing is 2.6 meters long.
    • More than a few 900cc plus sized motorbikes will be longer than your average sport bike (Suzuki Hayabusa's exempted): the BMW K-series/RTs, Yamaha Venture, Kawasaki Vaquero, Indian Chieftains/Challengers and the Can Am Spyders.
    • Why not charge a little more for those longer cables so we can do a better job of installing. I had to route my cable differently so that I could use the second camera cable for the wired remote controller to reach my handlebars area. Touring motorcycles owners are going to install these DVRs in their top trunks or in their forward storage bins meaning a long reach back to the camera on the other end of the bike. Would make the installs easier - again a marketing point.
  3. ABS Plastic Mount With 2-Sided Velcro (or Clips) to Hold the B2M DVR (or other DVRs): So you can easily mount the DVR unit in a top trunk, saddlebag, storage bin securely and to eliminate the unit being jostled. Again, something to improve the install quality and helps to market the products.
    • Install the plastic mount velcro to the mounting surface and either (1) add velcro to back of DVR - more preferrable and universal and cheaper to implement or (2) have the plastic mount with clips (more custom and more expensive). Says the former sales rep
Firmware Comments: No Side by Side view when I press the UP button on the B2M DVR. I only get front and rear cameras and picture-in picture with front as the large background and the inside small picture being the rear camera.
Other than no side-by-side view which is marketed in the manual, the firmware is functioning. Powers on and off automatically. Takes pictures when I hit the remote controller. Saves recording sessions.

Ucam Comment: Ucam version I installed just a day ago from the Google Play store, did not include the Switch View menu item in the bar with the Start/Stop REC button or the Fully Screen button

Have not ridden with the B2M recording as it's - you guessed - raining around Seattle.

I'm happy with the system generally but need help with this software. And I am a software person at the biggest software company in the world.

Last edited:
Cannot get my Samsung Galaxy android phone to find the DVR Wi-Fi connection with the Ucam app. That is the problem.
Switch WiFi on in the screen menu and you should find the DVR WiFi SSID "THL001-----XXXXXXXX" in your phone WiFi settings!

Back