Need the best rear view camera for van with no rear windows or oem mirror...night is major factor

Xposure

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I'm SO glad (and suprised) to have found a forum about dash cams! I need some help before my brain melts...I have pages of notes, I've returned several, etc. Hopefully you guys can help me find what I need!

I have a delivery van that has no windows in the back and no OEM rear view mirror. First and foremost I need the best rear view image I can get for night driving that handles headlights. I know none are perfect, but which one(s) seems to be best? I want the biggest display I can find and need to be able to mount the display to a sheetmetal ceiling and it hang down (might can epoxy a 'button' and use the OEM style brackets as extra purchase or included). The only front camera I could use is one that's detached as I have a large exterior sun visor that will block a built in front cam. But a detachable front is secondary as I will rarely use it, more of a 'nice to have for certain rare occassions'. My primary concern is a good full time rear low light view for driving and backing up.

I'm not restricted to a rear view mirror type...I'd also consider a large 10" monitor style display or some kind of tablet setup. I want a pretty big display.

Thanks!
Stephen

Last edited:
Back