Need to integrate license plate camera w/parking mode dash cam

NewbieDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,
Thanks in advance for all your help

I have a bmw 435i convertible. Want to do a front and rear dash camera with parking mode.
Can't install camera in rear window due to convertible. Could install it near the mirror facing backward, but that shows me more back seat than rear view. Can't integrate with existing bmw cameras.
Was thinking CellLink NEO for battery source, but still need to choose camera.
Would like to do something that allows me to mount a small footprint Hi Res front camera (think blackvue or similar) and use a license plate camera for the rear. Can't find a way to integrate. All suggestions are appreciated.

Dan

I replied to your other post- didn't catch that this is a convertible top, but what I have for you there is relevant ;) A few folks have solved this dilemma with mounting to the headrest of the seat to get the cam as far rearward as they can. This might work for you too. And you may be able to fabricate a mounting system you can live with- you're not stuck with having to use only supplied mounts and methods :) Sometimes you have to be creative but you can always make the best from what you've got to work with. Sometimes that's your only real choice :rolleyes:

Phil

Back