Need your help - Rear Mobius mount

Adi

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi All,
i got a front facing Mobius 1. recently bought a Mobius 2 and i want to mount one of them on the rear of my car, Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV 2014. doesn't really care if its the M1 or M2, the one that will be easier to install...

is there a way to mount it on the roof fabric in a way that it will be steady and also without harming the fabric? i have access to the inner part of the fabric if i lift the insulating rubber.

thanks.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

ok, got an idea :)
two flat pieces of metal magnets, one will go in the inner part of the fabric roof and one on the outside. on the outside flat magnet ill attach a velcro that will attach to the velcro on the Mobius.

does a strong neodymium magnet can harm the Mobius?
any other ideas are welcome.

ok, got an idea :)
two flat pieces of metal magnets, one will go in the inner part of the fabric roof and one on the outside. on the outside flat magnet ill attach a velcro that will attach to the velcro on the Mobius.

does a strong neodymium magnet can harm the Mobius?
any other ideas are welcome.

No. Neodymium magnets have no affect on Mobius, Mine is installed using them since day one.

Re, rear mount, my car's a '16 RAV4 Hybrid. my rear Mobius is mounted on the rear glass top trim using a piece of junk aluminum and stuck on with double sided tape (Chinese made from ebay). 2 x Neodymium magnets is double sided taped on to the aluminum and 2 on Mobius. The magnets sticks to each other and self aligns.This way I can easily remove Mobius and put it back on without re-aiming and also I can see Mobius operating red led through my rear view mirror.
Power wire is routed under the same hatch trim and through the car's original wire run sleeve. (as the top left side of your first picture) then under car's side panel.

I find that mounting the Mobius to almost touching the rear hatch glass eliminates catching the heater lines in the shot. Not all but almost.

A picture will explain better but unfortunately wife's out with car.

Another option -

Mobius around the yellow box area using a FPV tilt mount -

15° -
20° -
1.jpg

Will look like this -

mobiusm2-png.26617

mobiush8-png.26573

More here -

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-actioncam-rear-dashcam-review-install.21778/

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys, will take that into consideration.
i don't want to mount it on the actual rear door that open and closes, the wire will always be stretched and i don't think it will look nice. i think the cleanest installation will be like i suggested, just need to find a nice installation method where it will be installed without moving and without harming the roof fabric (the FPV tilt mount might be handy).
thanks all for the help! :)

Thanks a lot guys, will take that into consideration.
i don't want to mount it on the actual rear door that open and closes, the wire will always be stretched and i don't think it will look nice. i think the cleanest installation will be like i suggested, just need to find a nice installation method where it will be installed without moving and without harming the roof fabric (the FPV tilt mount might be handy).
thanks all for the help! :)

My install. The only wire I see is the mini USB connection to Mobius. Rest of wire is all hidden. Re, stretching wire. How? Remove the top trim from your rear hatch you'll see OEM wires run from hatch door to car. Just follow it with your wire.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/pages/hardwiring-on-a-toyota-suv

Last edited:
Added link to my above post.

Reactions: Adi
Back