Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had an absolutely horrid experience with Gearbest. I purchased a mini 0805 camera that burnt up after two days and filled my car with electrical smoke. I had successfully installed two other dashcams previously in my other vehicles, I know it's not user error). I notified them well within their 14 day warranty period, and paid to send the item back in accordance with their instructions. They confirm they have received it but then want to charge me $50 for a restocking fee (the camera was only $80 to begin with). I said never mind, just give me a refund and after months of haggling with them, they now claim I had the item too long for a refund. Please save yourselves some misery and use any other vendor than these guys. I wish somebody would have created this thread a long time ago and saved me some misery. Learn from my mistakes.

As the Blendtec guys says.
I have had an absolutely horrid experience with Gearbest. I purchased a mini 0805 camera that burnt up after two days and filled my car with electrical smoke

Yikes, as the Will it Blend, Blendtec guy says:
"Don't Breathe This" (the electronics/black smoke)

Good to know about the restocking fee trick.
Also I have bad experience with @GearBest online store, opened a Paypal case. Even I will not recover my money ever, at least they have a nice red part over some of my videos they are using on their online store, for example this:

The camera was not received from Gearbest, but there was someday a link to GitUp Git1 Gearbest site only because I want that at that time. Now I removed that link from description because I dont like when things are not correct from both sides.
They are still using my video to sell their product even with that red warning. :D

enjoy,
Mtz

Also I have bad experience with @GearBest online store, opened a Paypal case.

If u have any questions, pls feel free to contact us. And I hope our customer can handle your case.:)

They are still using my video to sell their product even with that red warning. :D

Thanks for your review about gitup git1.

We are so sorry to inconvenient you.

Just removed your video from our product page.

Thanks again.:)

I have had an absolutely horrid experience with Gearbest. I purchased a mini 0805 camera that burnt up after two days and filled my car with electrical smoke. I had successfully installed two other dashcams previously in my other vehicles, I know it's not user error). I notified them well within their 14 day warranty period, and paid to send the item back in accordance with their instructions. They confirm they have received it but then want to charge me $50 for a restocking fee (the camera was only $80 to begin with). I said never mind, just give me a refund and after months of haggling with them, they now claim I had the item too long for a refund. Please save yourselves some misery and use any other vendor than these guys. I wish somebody would have created this thread a long time ago and saved me some misery. Learn from my mistakes.

So sorry to hear about that.

Can u offer your order number?

We will ask our customer service to handle it.

Thanks for your support.
:)

Just as when buying a car and such. All good until something goes wrong. That is when you find out just how good customer support truly is.

And I hope our customer can handle your case.:)
My case was handled by PayPal, Gearbest was not accepting my solution.
People should know that if some problem appear, Gearbest will return maximum the money from PayPal transaction, if you paid a part from your order with money from your GearBest wallet, you will not recover that money ever.
My order was $70 and I paid about $30 from Gearbest wallet and about $40 with PayPal. After many messages Gearbest offered at the end to return that $40, knowing that if I will open a Paypal dispute I will receive the same $40. Gearbest never sent me the $40 so I opened the Paypal case.
My solution was to send me another product which costs the same $70 money, but another brand. They not accepted. Maybe if all the money were paid from Paypal could be accepted, but they knew I can recover only about 60%.

My advice to people is that never use Gearbest wallet $$$ from an order which can bring some defective product, buy something you expect to not have problems, maybe a rock or some water.

Thanks for your review about gitup git1.
Just removed your video from our product page.
Thank you! At the time I posted the Git1 video Gearbest obtained free advertising from me without they having the product so was the first online store in the world from where people can buy the GitUp Git1 camera.

Again, I don't like when things are not correct. I lost almost $30 on a poor product transaction, you won free advertising as first store which is selling a brand new product which is great quality, so Gearbest life is more easy with good products like GitUp.

enjoy,
Mtz

@Mtz

Um, so sorry to hear about that.

I think you can returned your product to our after-sale customer service.

They will help u to fix it.

If u are happy with the transaction fees.:)

Again, we are trying to improve our service. Welcome to take feedback.:)

Thanks for your all.

Shame the UK government doesn't clamp down on these Chinese imports and insist they pay their import duty to make buying direct from china pointless on equal cost and dam right stupid on the warranty and support

offered - never mind the delivery times.

Not sure why we let the gearbests of this world trade like this :D

I think you can returned your product to our after-sale customer service.
I bought the product from Europe Warehouse. They told me to send it back to China, not to Europe. Sending back to China isn't an option for me because of costs and my local laws which for a $70 product is pointless.
So I accepted the lost to not lose more time and more money to receive another bad product. One was enough.

So people must know that even buying from GearBest EU Warehouse, if there is some problem, the product needs to be sent back to China. This was the surprise for me.

enjoy,
Mtz

I bought the product from Europe Warehouse. They told me to send it back to China, not to Europe. Sending back to China isn't an option for me because of costs and my local laws which for a $70 product is pointless.
So I accepted the lost to not lose more time and more money to receive another bad product. One was enough.

So people must know that even buying from GearBest EU Warehouse, if there is some problem, the product needs to be sent back to China. This was the surprise for me.

enjoy,
Mtz

someone mentioned something similar the other day, product shipped from a US warehouse but faulty product had to be returned to China, seems the local warehouses don't offer that much value in these situations

Reactions: Mtz

enjoy,
Mtz

But your product has not set up after-sale customer service in EU.

So u have to return it to Chinese after-sale customer service.

We need help u to return it to manufacturer's after-sale customer service to fix out.:)

Yes, sending back to China will cost me about $20 and when you will send me back repaired, after maybe 2 months I will pay customs another $15 and add to this again my travel cost to customs office (120 km distance) and about 3-4 hours to wait for customs tax after 50=60 persons.
No, thanks!
For an EU import I need to drive about 3 minutes and NO taxes, no 3 hours to wait for some official person to look inside my order.

enjoy,
Mtz

@petepete
There are rumours that the UK government has said to ebay/amazon etc that unless people outside of the EU can provide them with a VAT number that they ebay/amazon must assume their prices include VAT and ebay/amazon will be responsible for passing the money on to them.

If that happens that becomes very very nice

But your product has not set up after-sale customer service in EU.

So u have to return it to Chinese after-sale customer service.

We need help u to return it to manufacturer's after-sale customer service to fix out.:)

This is the lamest excuse I have ever heard and its companies like yours that should be brought to book and made to trade on European standard with a level playing field rather than CHEAT your customers..

As for this forum allowing you to do it here....says it all really.

Its a disgrace.

As is our government for taxing us and allowing companies like yours to get away with it...

:mad:

Hmm, I just ordered last week from GearBest, was supposed to come from the US warehouse but got some IB tracking number which the link for in their email goes right back to gearbests site (shrug)
So no way to track it, but thats okay, I'm getting packages every day & I do get stuff from HK & China on a frequent basis for my drone so I'm not worried about it. Or about VAT & such. Will probably bite me in the rear one day but oh well.

I just wish I knew where to track the IB number, America Line shows on a search as a large shipping firm, like large ship containers, so I dont know.
Oh, found out America Line is actually International Bridge & the IB tracks at myib.com. Cool

Considering I got the 0805 for a fairly decent price if it works out it works out, if not then I'm not out the 100 some dollars for it if I paid full price. I'm hoping the stuff I'm reading here is just a small percentage of those that are unhappy & the majority are happy with their products. :confused:

I have had good luck purchasing from Gearbest. I go in knowing delivery will not be quick and the one time I had a problem with an order they promptly issued a refund to my paypal account. Just placed another order this week, so fingers crossed my luck continues.

Hi,

I would like to help you.

Can u offer your order number for me?

I am so sorry to inconvenient you.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back