New 0803, has no WDR setting

hkronald

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I just got my 0803 yesterday, the setting menu does not have a WDR setting for me to enable it, and the footage shot at night is close to complete darkness.... the version number is FW 20141118 V1.0

You certain it's an 0803?
I think so, it has 2304x1296 30P 16:9.
Funny thing is it has 1920x1080 45P 16:9

I just found that it has HDR 1920x1080 30P 16:9, maybe I will give this a try.....

That is a mini 0805, not a mini 0803!

If you want it to record good video at night you will need to turn your headlights on as it doesn't record infra red ;)

That is a mini 0805, not a mini 0803!

Don't be so sure, HDR or WDR is only what is shown in the menu, not necessarily what's going on under the hood, typos and menu errors are common from this supplier

There has been a recent spate of people ordering the 0803 and getting the 0805 instead but best to do some checking before jumping to conclusions and applying the wrong firmware

So, 0805 is better than 0803??? hum, I don't mind getting a 0805 then..... but...

How do I be "sure" if I have a 0803 or a 0805? beside trying to load firmware to it risking bricking it?

Oh, BTW, I did turn on the headlights..... hahahah

I do have Motion Detect showing in the menu.... didn't test it...... on Amazon, it say 0803 have no motion detect? but 0805 has?

Oh, BTW, I did turn on the headlights..... hahahah
:)

You should get reasonable video when there is street lighting. If there is no lighting then anything outside the headlight beam will be black and there isn't much that can be done about that.

If that doesn't match your experience then post an image and we can give a 2nd opinion...

I do have Motion Detect showing in the menu.... didn't test it...... on Amazon, it say 0803 have no motion detect? but 0805 has?
0803 has motion detect too. If you have a 1080 21:9 mode then it is an 0805.

Does it have gold contacts on the bottom?

I do not have 21:9 mode.....

Here is a still frame, I viewed it using the VLC.
First, it look really dark, then I adjusted the brightness and contrast to view a little better.....

Pre: pre.png

can you take a photo (should be long press the OK button when in standby from memory) and post the image properties

I do not have 21:9 mode.....

Here is a still frame, I viewed it using the VLC.
First, it look really dark, then I adjusted the brightness and contrast to view a little better.....

Pre: View attachment 10612
It's nicely exposed inside the building!

Why is the building inside lighting so much brighter than your headlights? Maybe they need a clean, or new bulbs?

Can you turn the brightness on your monitor up? The detail is there for the monitor to display otherwise you wouldn't get it by turning brightness up in VLC.

Also you could try a different viewer software, I have noticed that some software does decode the video darker than other software.

I would say the headlight is not to blame, I am driving a 2014 Prius...... granted, I am using low beam, not high beam, thou.

Why the light inside the building is that much clear, but my headlight is not seen? I am not sure... maybe I should turn my camera down, aim it a little downward toward the ground? high beam?

can barely even see you have your headlights on, may be a firmware issue though, have you contacted E-Prance to ask for an update at all?

Not contact yet... I will try with the HDR 1920x1080 30P resolution tonight and see how it goes first..... without the WDR enbale setting is bad....

Your camera is Mini 0805 and should have a newer firmware from December.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe reset defaults first also in case something else is out of whack, can't say I've seen one perform that badly at night before

Back