New 0906 hardwire kit

speuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New kits just arrived. Look great, they are complete with 4 piggy back fuses of different sizes and battery protection can be selected at 4 differrrent voltages. All leads are terminated so it is plug and play. I'll install as soon as I can and test.

Lt5jF

What are the available voltage settings?

11.8v/12v/12.2v/12.4v

12.4v is probably the way to go for batteries in good condition.

So does this mean the current hardwire kit doesn't do the job as well as it could?

why do you say that?

What's the reason for the new kit? I'm not electrically minded so you'll have to explain in layman's terms. What are the benefits over the old kit? I've just bought a 0906 so I have the old kit.

What's the reason for the new kit? I'm not electrically minded so you'll have to explain in layman's terms. What are the benefits over the old kit? I've just bought a 0906 so I have the old kit.

I don't know what kit you have

@redrevis the new kit lets you set a higher cut-off voltage, as far as I know. This is good and important not to drain the starter battery on an ICE car. I would recommend requesting an exchange for the new kit if possible.

Or just message estore009 on here for a link to their eBay store. They are only about £7.50.

@redrevis the new kit lets you set a higher cut-off voltage, as far as I know. This is good and important not to drain the starter battery on an ICE car. I would recommend requesting an exchange for the new kit if possible.

This is the kit I have. It came with the 0906 purchase from Combi and is called a "Parking Guard Hard-wire Kit". So is this kit not suitable? Or is the new one just better at protecting the battery? The last thing I want is a flat battery when using the Parking Guard feature.
7fZMwL3.jpg

That kit has now been updated to offer a range of protection voltages. The new kit is only just available I received mine from China yesterday so no fault by Combi.

Do you need parking guard all the time? i.e. do you leave it parked on the road every day or night. If not you can switch parking guard off in the camera menu when not ñeeded or add a toggle switch to switch the power connection between continuous or acc. Another option is to add a diode in the power lead which will drop the voltage by 0.7v and lift your protection from 11.5v to 12.2v

Reactions: Mtz
I'm not sure, it would be handy when at work as it's not parked in a very secure car park. Maybe the motion detection setting would be more suitable instead of Parking Guard.
So to confirm, if I do use the hardwire kit I currently have (with no modifications), is it likely that I will come back to a flat battery if I use the Parking Guard feature?

Not necessarily it is just that 11.5v is a bit low. What car do you have and how old is it? The other problem you might have with newer cars particularly BMWs is you come back and get a low battery or battery draining message on the idrive.

It's a 2103 Seat Leon, so not very old. I may just have to cross my fingers and try it, see what happens.

Back