New 2560*1440p@60FPS DAB201S

Thats a MicroSD card !
Yeah, technology evolves quite fast.
LG V10 mobile phone can handle up 2TB MicroSD !!! :cool:;)

Angle of view?
Possibility to attach CPL filter?
Where i can buy one?

Yes, CPL filter. If Fandy & Co. can produce a CPL filter for the D201 I'll be the first in line to get one.

I wish they had used somthing else but that OV sensor, and offcourse made it in another shape as i am not big on these camera shaped dashcams.

As i undestand the base technology you could just as well put a female USB plug in instead of the micro sd slot, offcourse this mean you will have to rethink and retool a lot.
And i am not even sure if a USB stick can handle more rear/write cycles than a SD card, but it is not so easy to loose the USB stick compared to a micro sd card.

I wish they had used somthing else but that OV sensor, and offcourse made it in another shape as i am not big on these camera shaped dashcams.

at the moment the OV is probably the best supported sensor in the Ambarella SDK

:rolleyes: Stupid me i keep forgetting that limitation, reading about all the other cool sensors trow me off the track :oops:

This is for OEM only. Unless someone want's to buy 500 of them, the DAB201 is what you'll find for awhile.

The DAB205 is similar to the DAB201 and DAB202, just a different case. This does not have the newer chipset.

Thats a MicroSD card !
Yeah, technology evolves quite fast.
LG V10 mobile phone can handle up 2TB MicroSD !!! :cool:;)
its ALL ABOUT FILE SYSTEM. if device works with 64GB card it will work up to 2TB. simple :)

its ALL ABOUT FILE SYSTEM. if device works with 64GB card it will work up to 2TB. simple :)
Correct. And also depends if firmware is tuned up to support 2TB formatting inside unit.
Of course it will take some time before we see any 2TB MicroSD cards.

if the device has exFAT licensed file system then yes it can support up to 2TB, there are products now that support 64gb cards that do not even work with 128gb cards so just working with 64gb is no surety that larger sizes will be supported

Correct. And also depends if firmware is tuned up to support 2TB formatting inside unit.
Of course it will take some time before we see any 2TB MicroSD cards.
agreed :)

Good to everyone.

how much does a new model?
where to buy?

Are you referring to the DAB205 or the models with newer A12A75 chipset?

Are you referring to the DAB205 or the models with newer A12A75 chipset?

Can you provide a little more detail on this new A12A75 chipset and associated cameras? Any idea on when to expect these new models?

Last edited:
The new chipset allows 1440p at 60fps. These are OEM only right now. It's my understanding that there are no current plans for neutral stock/white box. I do not believe there are any Dome brand (Car Major, Dome Travel, Blackview) cameras with the new chipset in the works as of yet either.

Back