New 2560*1440p@60FPS DAB201S

The new chipset allows 1440p at 60fps. These are OEM only right now. It's my understanding that there are no current plans for neutral stock/white box. I do not believe there are any Dome brand (Car Major, Dome Travel, Blackview) cameras with the new chipset in the works as of yet either.

:( Well, I guess we'll just have to wait. I was hoping 1440p w/60 fps would be my first dash cam. I think 60 fps is especially important in a car along with the added resolution over 1080p.

Have you considered the data rate and the card that would be needed?
Assuming it is double what 30fps uses, that's 48mbps!

Dear Fandy,

Although you have announced A12A75 chipset for Ambarella A12 devices on March 2016, szdome still states that it use A12A55 on Ambarella 12 devices, on their web site; http://www.szdome.com/product-detail-231.html

1. Could you please provide more information where, how and when we can purchase A12A75 powered Dab205 cameras?
  2. Dab205 is mainly sold on ebay and the stores says that the chipset is A12A55 as announced on szdome website. Could you please provide more information how we can understand if we buy A12A55 or A12A75?
  3. Is there any specific reason why gearbest and geekbuying are not selling A12A75 powered Dab205?
Thank you,

Last edited:
Cameras with the newest chipset just are not out yet. For now the only way to get the newest A12 is if you place an OEM order. You'd have to order 500 to 1000 I believe for OEM orders.

Dear Fandy,

Although you have announced A12A75 chipset for Ambarella A12 devices on March 2016, szdome still states that it use A12A55 on Ambarella 12 devices, on their web site; http://www.szdome.com/product-detail-231.html

1. Could you please provide more information where, how and when we can purchase A12A75 powered Dab205 cameras?
  2. Dab205 is mainly sold on ebay and the stores says that the chipset is A12A55 as announced on szdome website. Could you please provide more information how we can understand if we buy A12A55 or A12A75?
  3. Is there any specific reason why gearbest and geekbuying are not selling A12A75 powered Dab205?
Thank you,

Sb like CaptureYourAction have answered your question, A7LA75 camera support only OEM order.
You want buy one for own use?

Sb like CaptureYourAction have answered your question, A7LA75 camera support only OEM order.
You want buy one for own use?

Yes Fandy, as majority of the users want here, I want to buy for my own use. You have advertised A12A75 here so I thought it has non-OEM use as well.

I hardly believe OEM orderers follow here and other internet forums for technical information.

Last edited:
Also I want to buy this model, DAB201S, for my own use but did not find him anywhere. I waited almost 2 months since I saw the first post in this topic. Is there any hope for us, ordinary mortals? :rolleyes: :D

Also I want to buy this model, DAB201S, for my own use but did not find him anywhere. I waited almost 2 months since I saw the first post in this topic. Is there any hope for us, ordinary mortals? :rolleyes: :D

Or, was your advertisement for OEM buyers only, Fandy?

Any news about Dab201S ? 10 months have passed since the first post. :rolleyes:
Any link to buy this model? :confused:

Back