New 522 not working

Jesuishannah

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I had a 522 fitted by Halfords 3 weeks ago. I have charged it fully for 2 hours before putting it back in my car. The next time I went to my car it was saying the battery was low (but I’d charged it the night before for 2 hours at home). It’s now completely drained of battery.

Because of covid-19 I’ve been working from home so the car has been driven for a max of 10 mins maybe once a week for the past 3 mins to go to the supermarket up the road.
Is it just not charging in my car as I’m not using it? Do I need to change settings to conserve the battery?

I drove the car today for 20 mins but it was still dead and didn’t switch on.

I presume I should take it out and leave it at home fully charged until I return to work (my usually journey is an hour and half drive Mon-fri.

I’m hoping it’s just me not using the car that’s the issue and not the wiring that Halfords did.

(apologies is this is a stupid question to ask but it’s my first dash cam and also I know nothing about cars :) )

It shouldn't drain the battery like that once fully charged, especially if it is not being used and hard wired in. I'd suggest taking it back to Halfords and let them sort it out.

Just as a comparison, I've just turned my 612 on which hasn't been used for 2 weeks (last time I used the car before lockdown) and the battery is still on 2 notches full.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

thanks. Will see if they are open still to look at it

Hi,

It sounds like it's been Hard Wired in to a Switch Live fuse. If the Cam has parking Mode on, or a Rear Cam plugged in, this could drain the battery within a week.

I'd suggest Halfords checking the fuse situation and changing to a Permanent Live fuse if Parking Mode is turned on.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back