new 522GW and problems

JP86

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new 522GW and some problems with it;

Most times it does not find GPS signal. So far the dash cam installed I have done one over 2 hour drive and it did not find the signal at all, three 45 minute drives and only one of them it found the signal and kept receiving it the whole drive as my speed was displayed all the time.
I also tried outside of the car and it did find the signal after couple of minutes. But to me it looks random if it finds the signal or not. My previous dash cam did not have any problems finding the signal within seconds attached to the same spot on the windscreen.

Another problem I have is that the camera shuts off within 5 seconds after the power is disconnected and the last file is not saved. I don't think it is the battery as I can switch it back on and it stays on for couple of minutes on battery.

I'm using Nextbase cigarette lighter power supply that came with the camera. I have done reset and formatted the memory card.

I have tried contacting Nextbase support, but looks that they got only chatbot to answer questions. It did raise a support ticket for me, but I have not been contacted.

Maybe I should return it to Halfords..? Is the 622GW any better?

Hello,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear that you're having some GPS issues, lets try and get them resolved. Please can I take your ticket number?

Please can you check the below:
1. I'd recommend ensuring that the cable is plugged in to the mount, and not directly into the camera.
If it's directly into the camera, the camera will not receive GPS information.

2. On the Dash Cam's screen, there should be a GPS icon in the bottom right.
Is it grey, flashing or white?
Grey- no signal
Flashing- Trying to connect to a signal
White- Connected

3. Please ensure the connectors between the GPS mount of the camera are clean, free of debris and undamaged.

4. Please take your mount and camera inside a house and attached it to an outer-facing window that has a clear view of the sky. Then connect it to power using the USB cable. Does the camera now show the GPS icon or any GPS information please?

5. I'd recommend checking that your 522GW is on R23.7 FW.
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Ensure it is not recording (by pressing the red circle if required)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘System Info’
6) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX.

If it's still not working correctly, I'd recommend replacing the GPS mount. If it's within warranty, please direct message me and I can help replace this for you. If it's outside of warranty, a replacement can be purchased from our website https://nextbase.co.uk/accessories/clickgo-pro-gps-mount/.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back