New 522gw Dash cam from 312gw Parking mode Question.

Smaugc6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my 312gw dash cam was stolen a few days ago, my fault really I was distracted helping the wife park and forgot to lock my car after I had helped her. The next day it was gone.

My 312gw was hard wired to an always live fuse, it would record constantly even in parking mode. As I understand the parking mode in the old 312gw camera was “activated” once it detected the power to it was turned off, as my 312 was connected to an always live fuse this would never occur and it would never enter parking mode therefore constantly record. My hardwire kit would however cut off power to the dash cam if the car battery fell below a certain voltage which would prevent a flat battery and the the dash cam could enter parking mode. The car battery would never deplete low enough for this to ever happen.

The new 522gw I’ve noticed however enters parking mode even if it is hooked up to an always live fuse. The manual states it enters parking mode if no movement is detected in 5 minutes. Is this the case and can this be turned off?

This is the case. And it can be turned off in device settings.

As I understand the parking mode in the old 312gw camera was “activated” once it detected the power to it was turned off, as my 312 was connected to an always live fuse this would never occur and it would never enter parking mode therefore constantly record. My hardwire kit would however cut off power to the dash cam if the car battery fell below a certain voltage which would prevent a flat battery and the the dash cam could enter parking mode. The car battery would never deplete low enough for this to ever happen.

The new 522gw I’ve noticed however enters parking mode even if it is hooked up to an always live fuse. The manual states it enters parking mode if no movement is detected in 5 minutes. Is this the case and can this be turned off?

Hi,
The Hard Wire Kit works in the same way for the Series 2 Cams. However we would not recommend leaving any Dash Cam on 24/7 due to the possibility of the Camera over heating.
In Parking Mode, the Cam will turn on and record if movement is detected and this should provide suitable cover for when your vehicle is parked.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in contact.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back