New 590X owner, WiFi problem and battery saver question

HaryMz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gee, am I the first person on the lock to get a 590X (1CH in my case)?

Anyway, I tested the aim and basic ability to get an image with the cigarette lighter adapter and my the app on my iPhone before mounting it, with no problem. But then I mounted and did the hardwire install, and while it seemed to power up and respond properly, my iPhone kept saying “Unable to join network”. I went back to the cigarette lighter power, but still no success. I took it for a trip around the block anyway, came back, still couldn’t get WiFi connection, took the memory card out, confirmed that there were good video captures on the card, rebooting my iPhone, put it back in the car, and now I can connect again. Has anyone seen this behavior on any BlackVue dashcams?

Second question: Since this appears to be a new model with new parking mode feature and battery saver built in, I’m hesitant to experiment with it, especially since I only take the car out twice a week most weeks. I’m happy leaving parking mode off for now, since obviously it spends days in our garage, but I wonder if there’s a really safe way to test it out, short of buying a car battery charger?

Try to delete all wifi related to the camera in your phone, basically starting all over on the wifi front.
Maybe try airplane mode, though if you had the thing hooked up that might not be it, and your IOS probably also dident update during install, so should be okay on that front.

If you use low voltage protection, you should be good to play with parking mode, stay at 12.2 Volts or over, some times you also have a timer for parking mode, so using it for a hour or so when you stop should be no problem either.
I do use 1 hour on the timer myself as i dont really need parking mode, but i have it in test samples i have been sent so must of course test that part too, so the 1 hour preserve the very little battery in my almost micro car.
And as my average drive time are less than 20 minutes every day, some days i do not drive at all, then its a good setup, but i have 12.2 Volts low voltage as backup, though my car will have to sit with parking mode on for 8 - 10 hours or so before that come into play.
Also most cameras when you have parked the car, in the garage where you dont need parking mode, well after it have changed to parking mode you can just long press the power button to turn it off, the camera will then boot and be as it should on your next drive.

Back