New A118, SD card problems

matts8008

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
I purchased an A118c from Auto-Vox. It automatically reboots every 5-10 seconds when trying to record. If I turn on the unit without an SD card, it stays on with no reboots.

Things I've tried:

1. Two SD cards (class 10, SanDisk 64gb and a 32gb Transcend class 10)
  2. Many formats (Fat32 all unit allocation sizes, NTFS, ExFat, Windows default app, GUIFormat.exe, formatting from the dash cam)
  3. Three firmwares (Firmware that came with the unit, new firmware from the manufacturer, and VIOFO_A118C_FW_0727_Beta). All produce the same error
  4. Two different MicroSD -> USB adapters
So here's where it gets weird: I had the same problem with my old G1W. I bought the new A118 to replace by G1W because it was doing the same exact thing.

I'm stumped. Two separate SD cards doing the same thing, and two different cameras doing the same thing.

Any suggestions?

I'not an expert, so to me it would be logically to check power supply or try to connect dashcam to diffent power outlet or a portable battery.

I think you're right about it being a power issue. I tried a different USB cable and it appears to be working. I will test for 24 hours and confirm that was the problem. Thanks!

I think you're right about it being a power issue. I tried a different USB cable and it appears to be working. I will test for 24 hours and confirm that was the problem. Thanks!

once you confirm your power issues are sorted also suggest you format the card in the camera, it will only work correctly FAT32, also suggest putting the Auto-Vox firmware on, the hardware is different to the Viofo version and you'll have stability issues with some of the functions in the Viofo version on your camera

Back