New A118C cycling between Welcome and Goodbye screen

BlueF150

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed a brand new A118C last night and it was cycling between the Welcome and Goodbye screen. I reset the power and ground cord which got it working. Took a trip around the block to test. Got home, removed the memory card (new Samsung 64gb formatted by the unit) and it recorded fine. Put the card back in and it started cycling again. Reseated the card a few times to no avail.

I have GPS attached and used this hardwire kit.

My firmware version is 201504????

Anyone have any ideas on what to fix? I'm taking a 2000 mile trip starting tomorrow afternoon and would really like it to work.
Thanks!

Have you tried the camera using the included 'normal' cig lighter power cord?

My first thoughts are the hardwire kit is faulty, or there is some other intermittent power problem.

Have you tried the camera using the included 'normal' cig lighter power cord?

My first thoughts are the hardwire kit is faulty, or there is some other intermittent power problem.

agree, those hardwire kits are not stable

also check with another memory card if it still has issues

I have a 118C as well with the same HW kit, same results, powers on initially, then off. Might cycle 2-3 times, then will stay on until I turn vehicle off. Anyone have a good kit recommendation? Works fine with the included cig adapter.

Anyone have a good kit recommendation? Works fine with the included cig adapter.
I'm using this, from aliexpress. Seems to be working well and I like that I have dual ports and can change the cable that I am running off of it, in case a dashcam in the future uses microusb, or usb-c etc.

Back