New A119 Mini Video Hesitation

Richdem

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I just upgraded my wife's aging 1080P DashCam to a A119 Mini and while the footage is quite clear at 2560 x 1440 when recording at 60fps the video playback is not smooth, it seems like the video is almost hesitating ever so slightly. If I drop to 2560 x 1440 @ 30fps the video playback is very smooth. I have tried multiple micro SD cards and even brought a brand new Sandisk Max Endurance 128GB as recommended on the Viofo website. I have tried viewing the files on both PC & MAC and it is exactly the same. I am running with the high bitrate.

Any pointers as to how I can get smooth playback @ 60fps? This is one of the reasons why I got this camera

Thanks in advance,

Stick with 30fps. 60fps just inserts a dummy frame in most dashcams.

The stuttering could be a PC graphics issue or could be the card write speed. Manufacturer's often recommend endurance cards but some of them have lower write speeds that can cause issues.

Stick with 30fps. 60fps just inserts a dummy frame in most dashcams.

The stuttering could be a PC graphics issue or could be the card write speed. Manufacturer's often recommend endurance cards but some of them have lower write speeds that can cause issues.
Thank you,

After reviewing some more footage off the Max Endurance card I picked up it does appear a little better than what I was seeing with the Sandisk Ultra Plus card I use for 4K footage from my DJI Mavic Mini 2. My main concern was being able to pick out a license plate of a moving vehicle which I can still do at 30fps. I know there's certain conditions all DashCam's will struggle to be able to read a license plate, on the whole I am very pleased with the quality of the A119 Mini so much so I might grab one for my car.

I see you are from Reading, I grew up and lived there before emigrating to Canada in 2008

Mine is 2560 1440p 60fps sandisk max endurance is played on Pc smoothly. Check your card again. You can watch video on my youtube channel

Mine is 2560 1440p 60fps sandisk max endurance is played on Pc smoothly. Check your card again. You can watch video on my youtube channel

I have tried multiple cards up to and including the recommended Sandisk Max Endurance 128GB which seems a little better but still not as smooth as 2K @ 30fps. I am going to order a 2nd 119 Mini for myself so I will see what that one is like

I have tried multiple cards up to and including the recommended Sandisk Max Endurance 128GB which seems a little better but still not as smooth as 2K @ 30fps. I am going to order a 2nd 119 Mini for myself so I will see what that one is like
Then you should send the recorded video to viofo in order to check if your dashcam is still under warranty my fence

My first check would be to test the write speed of the card.

Use Speedout0.5 via a USB3 port.

Back