New A119 problem

jazzbug

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I follow the forum here and finally decided to get A119 rather Opia2, out of box the unit looks solid.

Before I connect with cg charger, I powered up with 5v powerbank. It's the old default firmware, I found Rec button wouldn't stop recording. I expect the firmware update would fix the issue.

I installed the update, set all to default, format SD card from main menu. But the firmware is still the same old, even after my three times try. Also all buttons are lagging, like Menu, Rec, etc takes like 1 - 2 sec to react. When I want to spin the car to try on the road, I realized the cg charger is faulty...

Not sure if anyone had the same issue, with any remedy to fix? Thx all...

Sounds like you are installing the same firmware that came with the A119. Where are you downloading the file from?

I downloaded from Viofo official website, the file name is FWBA119.bin after unzipped.

I follow the forum here and finally decided to get A119 rather Opia2, out of box the unit looks solid.

Before I connect with cg charger, I powered up with 5v powerbank. It's the old default firmware, I found Rec button wouldn't stop recording. I expect the firmware update would fix the issue.

I installed the update, set all to default, format SD card from main menu. But the firmware is still the same old, even after my three times try. Also all buttons are lagging, like Menu, Rec, etc takes like 1 - 2 sec to react. When I want to spin the car to try on the road, I realized the cg charger is faulty...

Not sure if anyone had the same issue, with any remedy to fix? Thx all...
Thanks for choosing the A119, the latest version is not released yet so not put on the official site.
Please download the beta version below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/A119/firmware/A119_FW_0813.zip

Thx Viofo, I just downloaded from your link and installed the FWBA119.bin, default settings and reformatted SD card, but the firmware version is still A119.160813.V1, is it the correct version?

Thx Viofo, I just downloaded from your link and installed the FWBA119.bin, default settings and reformatted SD card, but the firmware version is still A119.160813.V1, is it the correct version?
Yes, this is the latest version.

Thx Viofo, I will need to sort out the cg charger to try on the road.

Hi Viofo,

While I wait for my cg charger I have tried A119 on road by 5V powerbank. It's my first dashcam, so my experience is really limited.
I turned on powerbank before I start the car, G-sensor/loop rec/motion detect were all on.

Power/Menu/Rec button were still lagging reaction when pressed, this is with the latest firmware, not sure if something wrong?
As I mentioned I have no experience with dashcam before, I still didn't know how the rec worked. It started rec once powerbank on, for 3min or half, stop then again on the road. Is this normal?
When set on 1080/30, LWD and FCW wih my A119 was quite random, only got bit better for LWD on freeway. Anyway this is just novelty I guess.
I really need to replace my A119, would you please advise how to remove it as I tried but didn't work?

Thx

Switching off the motion detection can solve all the issues?
Also what is the best way to remove and replace?

you won't get consistent recordings when motion detect is on

not sure what you mean by remove and replace, you only have to slide it off the mount bracket to detach the camera

Its the GSP mount I need to move, as my car dash sensor is big which gets into the A119 on the side...

It seems impossible to remove the mount form dash, or just force it?

It seems impossible to remove the mount form dash, or just force it?
Leave the car on direct sun for an hour and then try to slowly remove it. You can also try hairdryer to worm it up.

IC, was wondering what the string for, thanks Gibson99:)

Back