New A119S with GPS keeps restarting - outside temperature is around 15 celcius?

victorhooi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I just purchased a new Viofo A119S with GPS module from Amazon.com.

I tested it at home with a mains USB power supply, and it seemed to be

When I plug it into a MiniUSB cable in my car - it keeps restarting every 6-7 seconds.

This same cable was previously used to power a Mobius camera, and that appeared to be fine.

Outside temperature is around 15-20 degrees celcius (It's night-time in Sydney, Australia), so I don't believe it's a temperature issue.

Any thoughts as to what it might be?

Regards,
Victor

Hi,

I just purchased a new Viofo A119S with GPS module from Amazon.com.

I tested it at home with a mains USB power supply, and it seemed to be

When I plug it into a MiniUSB cable in my car - it keeps restarting every 6-7 seconds.

This same cable was previously used to power a Mobius camera, and that appeared to be fine.

Outside temperature is around 15-20 degrees celcius (It's night-time in Sydney, Australia), so I don't believe it's a temperature issue.

Any thoughts as to what it might be?

Regards,
Victor
Use the supplied Viofo cable and you should be fine. Other cables seem to have too much voltage drop due to the smaller gauge wires.

What power supply are you using in the car?

Hi,

Aha, I'm using a power-supply and cable that a car-stereo place previously installed for the Mobius 2. It's hardwired in somewhere to the car that isn't easily accessible.

I can ask them to replace it with the one supplied with the Viofo, if that's what is required?

Cheers,
Victor

just plug your included cable and power supply in and run it to the camera to test, if it's all good then your old cable (and possibly power supply) isn't up to the task and you'll need to get them replaced, the power requirements of the Mobius are less than the Viofo

Back