New A129 not switching to parking mode with HK3

ty04

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo + A119 + BlackVue DR750S-2CH
For the life of me I can't get the new camera to switch to parking mode.

I simply installed the new camera into the original A129's base with no changes to the wiring that had worked before.

I also tested my A129 Pro from my other car in this set up and it switches in and out of parking mode as expected.

The camera came with firmware V1.9. I've re-flashed V1.9 and even V1.5 with no luck.

Is there some special order to turning on the ignition, camera, ACC, etc to get the camera to detect it? I don't recall having this much trouble when I first installed it.

Last edited:
Try with the power connected directly to the camera and not the mount. Maybe your replacement is the older version that wasn’t compatible with the 3-wire kit when powering though the mount.

You need to turn parking mode on in the menu...

Try with the power connected directly to the camera and not the mount. Maybe your replacement is the older version that wasn’t compatible with the 3-wire kit when powering though the mount.

Wow this is a thing. Yep, it appears they gave me the older model then.

How the heck is that supposed to work the with rear camera cable though? The HK3 has a right angle connector that interferes with the rear camera cable.

Even if I had to use it like that, would the GPS mount even work? I can't test that since the way I have the mount installed doesn't allow the power to plug directly into the camera.

You need to turn parking mode on in the menu...

I know.

Wow this is a thing. Yep, it appears they gave me the older model then.

How the heck is that supposed to work the with rear camera cable though? The HK3 has a right angle connector that interferes with the rear camera cable.

Even if I had to use it like that, would the GPS mount even work? I can't test that since the way I have the mount installed doesn't allow the power to plug directly into the camera.

I know.
Yes, GPS will still work. You just need to tuck the power cable either behind or in front of the rear camera cable. Looks slightly weird, but works just fine.

Why can’t you plug the power cable into the side, since you already have the rear camera cable there?

Yes, GPS will still work. You just need to tuck the power cable either behind or in front of the rear camera cable. Looks slightly weird, but works just fine.

Why can’t you plug the power cable into the side, since you already have the rear camera cable there?

Thanks, good to know that the GPS still worked. I just ended up doing some rewiring/rearranging so I don't have to deal with getting another replacement shipped. The way it was installed before didn't leave enough space to have the power plugged into the camera and the HK3 power cable couldn't reach it.

Back