New A129 plus duo, not running after removing power ?

jonese

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have two A129 plus duo's, 1.5 years old and 2 weeks old.

On the newer unit, when you remove power, everything turns off immediately. On my older unit, the "Rec" light flashes for about 5 seconds showing that it's shutting down properly savings the last video file. This would be the supercap providing the power. I would have expected similar behavior on the new unit.

Did they change the behaviour in newer units? Defective?

Is the last file on the new camera corrupt?

If there is no card inserted or it's not recording, the camera will usually shut down quicker, due to not having to save the file.

Same firmware?

There is a card, and presumably its recording, I still have it on a bench testing/setup, not installed yet.

I havn't looked at the video files yet.

It could just be a matter of different firmware versions ?

Yea, thought about that. Happens on both as-shipped firmware (1.5) and the latest (1.8).

I will try multiple power-cuts and see if I get file corruption. I've engaged support, but it's a bit slow.

My device behaviour is like you described based on your older device. So screen goes off immediately, but recording led is blinking with higher frequency for about 4-5 seconds, then led turns off.
I'm using 3 minutes videos for loop recording. Default is 1 minute, maybe with 1 minute device is able to finish saving file a little bit quicker.

I returned it and bought it again. The second one behaves as expected (flashing LED on shutdown).

Back