New A139 on latest firmware. "Auto Detect Parking Mode" just records until the battery is low. Camera says "Video Protected" every boot.

YosemiteSam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I purchased an A139 direct from Viofo's website in March and hardwired it in April. I updated the firmware but these two bugs still haunt me.

The unit is hardwired correctly and the dial is set to the highest voltage so my battery doesn't drain. When I power off my car, the camera says "Parking mode" and then just records until the battery is low enough for it to shut down. I have it set to auto event detection with the motion sensor on low and g-sensor also on low. There's no way to turn the motion sensor completely off. The videos show up in parking files so I know the mode is working properly but it isn't shutting off and only recording when motion is detected. I typically get about 2 hours of recordings before the camera shuts off due to battery drain. I don't need to record 24/7 while parked hence why I bought a webcam that was supposed to have motion detection.

Every time I start my car, the camera says "Recording 2 channel started video protected". I can connect via WiFi and see all the protected videos from when I first start my car. It never says "video protected" at any other time while driving so I don't think it's a defective g-sensor. I've just taken to going in every few weeks and formatting the video card to purge those videos. I don't want the memory card filling up with a bunch of garbage videos.

Is it possible my camera is defective and needs to be replaced by Viofo?

Thank you for reading.

I forgot to add that it also keeps reverting to 1440p 30fps every time I start my car. I have to connect to WiFi and change it back to 1440p 60fps but it only sticks until the next reboot. Why is this camera so buggy?

And I see a lot of people say to swap the memory card first. I currently have a SanDisk 256GB High Endurance installed but for testing I swapped it with a Transcend Premium 128GB I had in a tablet and it exhibits the same behavior.

I forgot to add that it also keeps reverting to 1440p 30fps every time I start my car. I have to connect to WiFi and change it back to 1440p 60fps but it only sticks until the next reboot. Why is this camera so buggy?

And I see a lot of people say to swap the memory card first. I currently have a SanDisk 256GB High Endurance installed but for testing I swapped it with a Transcend Premium 128GB I had in a tablet and it exhibits the same behavior.
Motion detection is done on viofo dashcams via the camera so it will drain your battery quicker as it is basically running normally and just waiting for movement to start recording.

Others on here will have there methods and may chime in.

Re the low res on startup the first thing i would look at is the firmware version you are using and update it to the latest. Often viofo fixes problems in later firmware releases.

Failing that consider submitting a support ticket to @VIOFO-Support I'm sure they want to fix your problems.

@VIOFO-Support please reply to the OP.

Cheers.

Back