New August 2018 firmware, new issue

tinman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Using the August 2018 firmware, which is suppose to help with the cam reverting to default setting, I've encounter a new issue.

The cam is set to NOT record audio and to turn off the screen after one minute. While driving, the cam would suddenly turn the screen on and the audio would be set to record. Now, this could indicate that either cam suddenly power off then on or that somehow the cam lost its setting.

Checking the MP4 files, it does not look like there was a power off/on condition since there was no break in the MP4 file when this occur.

It doesn't seem to be a soft reset also since there is no indication of a break when review the MP4 file.

If this was a sudden lost in the settings, then it would seem that backup settings on the SD card is doing it's job. All the other settings, except for the recording of the audio was changed.

So far, this has happen twice within a week. Flash of August firmware on 9/16. Issue happen once on 9/17 and once on 9/19.

This issue is not something can be replicate in a consistent manner. It doesn't happen every time I drive. Of the two time I notice the change, one was ~40minute into a 1hr drive, the second time was ~20minute into a 1hr drive.

The chance it being a power issue is highly doubtful. As mention previously, the MP4 file for when the issue was encounter is still a continuous file. If there is a power issue, which would result in either a hard reset or soft reset, the MP4 file would have been broken into separate file since it takes time for the cam to boot itself up and start recording.

I don't understand the assumption of shaking the cam to cause this issue. Is shaking of the cam known to cause issue?

Another thing I found with this new firmware, the audio setting is not retain. If I have the audio set to not record, on the next car start, the audio returns to record.

Back