New Auto-Upload Cloud feature USELESS !!

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all !

I've tried to use the new Auto-Upload Cloud feature.
It works fine but the main drawback is that the file uploaded does not contain the whole event.

The video begins 2 or 3 seconds after the impact.
So, this is completely useless !!!

How can I see what has happened if I can't see 5 seconds before impact ??

Please Blackvue developers, fix this ASAP !

Last edited:
Hello Chris,
The Live Auto-Upload feature starts a Live View stream from one of the cameras (front or rear) for one minute upon detection of an impact.
That stream is saved in real time to the Cloud.
The main point is to be able to get some footage saved in the Cloud even if the dashcam is interrupted in the middle of streaming.
The most useful case would be with an interior-facing camera, in order to catch a potential dashcam thief, which, depending on the area you live in, might be a bigger concern than getting your car hit.
In fact, this feature stemmed from feedback of users concerned with their dashcam getting stolen.
Unfortunately, it is not technically possible at the moment to insert buffered video to Live View streams.
Please note that the original Event file (which includes buffering) is still saved to the microSD card.
Also, we are working on an Event File Auto-Upload feature which will automatically upload Event files when connected to a preset Wi-Fi hotspot (in which case the Event files will be uploaded after finishing recording each file).
Thank you.

Hi Jeremie,

Thanks for these informations.
I was not aware that the auto-upload feature was a streaming.
I can understand the purpose in case of the camera has been stolen.

Also, we are working on an Event File Auto-Upload feature which will automatically upload Event files when connected to a preset Wi-Fi hotspot (in which case the Event files will be uploaded after finishing recording each file).
That would be a nice feature, and that is what I was expecting from the actual auto-upload feature.
And it would be great if this uploaded file could also be 480p to save time of upload/download.
It will help to check quickly what has happened without trying to connect to the dashcam and download a big extrem mode video file.

May I also make a suggestion ?

A direct access to notifications would be nice, instead of clicking menu button, then "Notification".
A click on the red icon would open Notifications.

Something like this :

screen12.png

Last edited:
Back