New B2W added to my daily beater

98 SNAKE EATER

Reaction score
Country
United States
I already have a Mini 0906 for front and rear exterior shots and a B1W for an interior shot, but wanted a couple more cameras for a cross view

Vicky insisted that I try a new B2W, so I placed an order for one a couple days ago.

Wasn't expecting it until Tuesday, but surprisingly it showed up at my shop today :)

I must say, the size really susprised me as it's much smaller than I thought it would be :oops:

For some reason, all the photos I've seen online make it look rather bulky, but after doing a quick install, I realized that most of that bulk goes to the top of the windshield anyways

BSSB1-W-1.jpg

BSSB1-W-2.jpg

BSSB1-W-3.jpg

BSSB1-W-4.jpg

BSSB1-W-5.jpg

BSSB1-W-7.jpg

BSSB1-W-6.jpg

Before installing, I did a quick firmware update and let it run off of a wallcharger for about an hour while I got used to all the settings and whatnot (I have yet to connect to wifi)

I had originally planned to use a leftover parking kit from another vehicle, but soon realized the B2W has mini USB input and not a micro, so the full install will come at a later date.

For now, I just ran the included cigarette cable adapter around my passenger side A-pillar and back to the center console under the carpet.

It just barely reached, but it will do for now

Main use will be diagonal views out of the side windows as my other cameras pretty much has the rest covered

B2-WQuickinstall-3.jpg

B2-WQuickinstall-4.jpg

Seems like a quality piece

I still need time to play with it and my only gripe so far is that the foward facing cam doesn't have a full 180* rotation, so I'm kinda limited in the view I was hoping to achieve, but then again, my B1W already has that covered

I'll have sample vids up soon

what's the one on the top right of the window?

It's a spare TOGUARD I had picked up on EBay a while back on the cheap (lowballed a seller using "Make Offer" and surprisingly he bit)

Nothing special really

Image is ok for what it is, but I have yet to be able to connect to the wifi

It's a spare TOGUARD I had picked up on EBay a while back on the cheap (lowballed a seller using "Make Offer" and surprisingly he bit)

Nothing special really

Image is ok for what it is, but I have yet to be able to connect to the wifi
thanks, China domestic market brand, guess that's why I didn't recognise it, unusual screen size caught my eye

If you haven't decided where to mount it, the electrostatic sticker that is supplied works rather well and allows easy repositioning.

That's most likely where it will stay for now

The stupid dot matrix and the radar sensor for the cruise kinda limits where I can put it without obstructing my view

The angle of the rear view mirror makes it hard to mount on the passeger side without getting it in the frame and I'd have a long reach for the lock button

Not to mention the wiper path on the passenger side is rather low (the TOGUARD camera actually sits above this line, so the footage is crap when it rains)

@98 SNAKE EATER
Are you sure you're windshield can handle all that weight? :ROFLMAO:

You've certainly got a case of dashcamitis, as many of us do (y) but don't worry as it's harmless (except for the budget sometimes) :cool: I think you'll like the B2W. I've got mine covering the driver's diagonal too with the main cam being my primary front. I still get extra rear coverage with the edge of the diagonal recording but with my van it's not very useful save for seeing someone or something at the distant and high rear door windows. I'm beginning to think that there's no 'permanent' dashcam setup for folks like us- as far as I've seen only @Dashmellow hasn't changed out or shuffled around his 360 degree coverage Mobius cams in awhile. I'm beginning to worry about him... ;)

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more of your footage and thoughts!

Phil

@98 SNAKE EATER
Are you sure you're windshield can handle all that weight? :ROFLMAO:

I know!!

What started out as a simple stealthy install is quickly turning into an eyesore on my windshield o_O

I'm beginning to think that there's no 'permanent' dashcam setup for folks like us

I wish a company would come up with an affordable multi camera DVR setup :unsure:

Here's what I have in my Land Cruiser

Granted, it's over a decade old and way outdated, but I like the idea of having a hidden DVR in the glove compartment with multiple cameras

If BSS had a 4 camera system that works like their DV128 with say the small rear cameras used in the Mini0906, I'd be all over it

Main use will be diagonal views out of the side windows
Yes, this is an interesting application, I checked it on the cabin camera, turning it to the right all the way (the main camera was shooting forward), it captures the view of the road well through both side windows and the rear window

The swiveling lens modules are one of this cam's greatest features :cool: With this one cam you can easily aim at least one lens to capture any direction around you. Not many other cams (maybe no other good ones) offer that kind of versatility.

Phil

Ok, did some moving around and also hardwired it using the LVC parking kit

Moved the Mini0906 over to the right and the B2W to the left behind the rear view mirror

B1W remained in the same position above the rear view, but I had to move the rear camera for the Mini0906 over a few inches to put it within the wiper path

The Mini0906, B1W and B2W are all running constantly

The TOGUARD cam is ignition sourced and will most likely go to another car soon

b2-Wupdate-1.jpg

b2-Wupdate-2.jpg

b2-Wupdate-3.jpg

b2-Wupdate-4.jpg

b2-Wupdate-5.jpg

b2-Wupdate-6.jpg

Hell holds no fury like a woman scorned :)
Or in 2019 language VS the original 1670 something.
Hell is a cake walk compared to a pissed off woman.

Much better if you can up the camera installation location!

Much better if you can up the camera installation location!

They wanted the camera(s) centered and out of the way, but the rear shot would've been blocked by the mirror if I mounted them any higher

I would've opted to mount it higher up on the left side of the mirror, but they didn't want it in their face.

And mounting it higher on the right side of the mirror would block the shot of the cop that will most likley pull them over lol

Would be nice to have 3-way camera system with small individual cameras that can be mounted in any position

Like the B1M?

Isn't that only 2-way?

I meant have a forward cam, rear mounted cam and an interior cam (3-channel)

Would be nice to have all 3 cameras synced to the same event files (would make editing A LOT easier to line up on my timelines)

Vantrue has such a 3-channel cam, but the specs are very disappointing. You can already exceed the ability of today's hardware and cards with a single-channel cam, so I don't think we will have any good 3-channel cams until there are major improvements in processor and card designs. I do think the future is in 3 and 4 channel designs once the way is found past today's limitations.

Phil

Back