new B2W - no video on screen, short beep-beep sounding off

nymphaeles

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought this dashcam from Amazon, the unit turns on but no video on the screen and a short beep-beep sound going off. I think it's just need some firmware reset and/or upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 13
IIRC you get that if there's no card detected. Try removing and reinserting the card and if that doesn't do the trick test the card with SD formatter and h2testw. BTW which card are you using?

Phil

Yeah, SD card was the first thing I thought of, so I used a brand new Samsung EVO Select microSDXC UHS-I 256 GB, formatted with "guiformat2". Then I switched to 64 GB microSD card same make & model but different capacity, then I switched to the SD card that came in the box. The camera behaved the same way with any card I used. The problem is with the screen, I'm sure if the Menu shows up in the screen, I can reformat the card in camera and that would work fine for any of them.
Cheers!

What's IIRC?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
If there is no card then it should say "Please insert SD hard.", if there is no voice then there is more wrong than just the screen.

IIRC is internet shorthand for "If I Recall Correctly"- something that happens less and less with my advancing age :rolleyes:

All those cards should work properly, I've used both those Samsung types in mine very successfully. I just pulled mine for maintenance yesterday and got the exact same result when I powered it without a card at my desk thinking I had a card installed. I think I have the voice and beeps turned off. Only had 4 cams laying here so confusion was and is possible on my end :p

My same PS worked perfectly for the other cams but my desk cable does seem to have a broken wire in it so perhaps it was an intermittent power connection causing this effect instead. The card was in and working when I reinstalled my cam into the van, all is well there now. Gotta say this is my favorite cam among the many I have.

The only other two user-repairable things I can think of would be power supply; try this with a wall-type phone charger if you can as most of them have ample output for a dashcam. If that doesn't do it, then you can try the 'reset' button just above the card slot (a straightened paperclip works well for this). I can't see how to try a firmware reload (which shouldn't be needed anyway) without the card working so that option is out.

@estore009 is the manufacturer of this cam, perhaps he can offer some better advice- he will see this 'tag' and should chime in soon.

Phil

Did you remember if you update the firmware by yourself?
We experienced it happened if you load the old firmware from our website if your dashcam with a newer version dashcam!

You can try to load the exact newer version firmware here (Use the supplied 32Gb card in the package to update the firmware)

Last edited:
@estore009 Thanks for providing the good FW. After I upgraded the cam with your FW, the cam works fine. This save me a product return to Amazon and reorder it. BTW, I was instructed by Amazon tech support guy name Emiliano to go to Blueskysea website and download the FWD36.bin from there. Apparently, it didn't work at all but screwed up everything. Blueskysea website should make a change quick to make sure that people would get a working FW on their official site.
Thanks guy!

@estore009 Thanks for providing the good FW. After I upgraded the cam with your FW, the cam works fine. This save me a product return to Amazon and reorder it. BTW, I was instructed by Amazon tech support guy name Emiliano to go to Blueskysea website and download the FWD36.bin from there. Apparently, it didn't work at all but screwed up everything. Blueskysea website should make a change quick to make sure that people would get a working FW on their official site.
Thanks guy!
We updated it with an IPS screen from the third batch, so the screen drive is different from the old firmware! Anyway, we will add a note to our website!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E B2W 7
USDashCamera B2W 2
TonyM B2W 150
Back