New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

So does it look promising anyone? Has it been worth the wait!!
I need a bigger sd card before I install it but 4k front and 2k back and regular firmware updates. Parking mode and cloud features will be fantastic

Can someone confirm that dashcamviewer shows the gps track when using beta v2.3? I tried it for the first time yesterday and it didn't show the map.

Also, the app will no longer show the list of files. My SD card is formatted as exFat, as per the instructions.

Can someone confirm that dashcamviewer shows the gps track when using beta v2.3? I tried it for the first time yesterday and it didn't show the map.

Also, the app will no longer show the list of files. My SD card is formatted as exFat, as per the instructions.
I've switched back to v1.9 and GPS details are showing up in dashcamviewer fine, so it seems there is a serious issue with recording GPS in v2.3 beta. Is this known @viofo?

I've switched back to v1.9 and GPS details are showing up in dashcamviewer fine, so it seems there is a serious issue with recording GPS in v2.3 beta. Is this known @viofo?
Maybe ask the developer? Dashcamviewer needs to know the exact file format and naming conventions of the new firmware.

October i think was when Viofo said they were going to get the parking mode issues working better! I don’t think it will happen do you?

October i think was when Viofo said they were going to get the parking mode issues working better! I don’t think it will happen do you?

Probably not......Viofo makes a good product but their firmware support / software support is lacking. Street Guardian took control of their SDK. Viofo A129 Duo has a bug in it of duplicate / dropped frames that got introduced early on. Still remains an issue a year or more later. And I imagine in updated firmwares, too.

Here’s a bug. The POS times out during WiFi file downloads if your phone’s screen locks or if you navigate away from the app!!!

Here’s a bug. The POS times out during WiFi file downloads if your phone’s screen locks or if you navigate away from the app!!!

That might happen with all dash cam apps. They can only have a limited range same as any WiFi equipment would.

Dude. I’m IN the car phone is maybe 2 feet from dash cam and signal is strong as is LTE. It gives an error and times out.

Dude. I’m IN the car phone is maybe 2 feet from dash cam and signal is strong as is LTE. It gives an error and times out.

Dude, I'm not disputing that, I just figure it might be the same range as another brand, such as BlackVue or any others...

So does it look promising anyone? Has it been worth the wait!!
im very happy with U1000 im sick of paying for cheaper cameras as in the end just get one good one. very happy atm - no issues what so ever and footage is great.

Same issue here. Just upgraded from v1.9 to v2.3 based on advice from Viofo support.
I have lost the GPS track detail in Dashcam viewer.
It is not the most recent version of Dashcamviewer at fault cos I have an old track on sd card from V1.9 and that works fine re GPS tracks showing.

Same issue here. Just upgraded from v1.9 to v2.3 based on advice from Viofo support.
I have lost the GPS track detail in Dashcam viewer.
It is not the most recent version of Dashcamviewer at fault cos I have an old track on sd card from V1.9 and that works fine re GPS tracks showing.
someone will need to send a video file from the updated firmware version to @traveler and he will be able to update the program to suit

someone will need to send a video file from the updated firmware version to @traveler and he will be able to update the program to suit

Good news: @camerashy sent me A129 v2.3 firmware video sample files and I was able to crack the format. So the next release of Dashcam Viewer will work with v2.3 and the earlier firmware. Hoping there are no more format changes. :whistle:

So what, for some is it time to return these cameras to the retailer, clearly not fit for purpose?

Today running v2.0 my A129 Pro Duo (front camera only) skipped around 5mins of driving footage, no audible beeps. This following a hit and run crash last October is not why I made my purchase, deeply disappointed in the level of support and ongoing bugs. Much speculation regarding quality of SD card, cable fragility, etc. and yet other brands appear to work with more consistency and with better customer service.

Running with a Samsung Evo Plus 256 myself, formatted to ExFAT (good perf report, no issues reported).

I am relatively tolerant, but with the announcement of another (potentially superseding) product I'm about to call time on this vendor. World events aside, many of these issues predate that gnarliness and therefore should have been addressed ages ago, presuming that were feasible.

@VIOFO-Support Please advise, is this product a dead duck, should we look to another product range?

Last edited:
I think Viofo is owner or a subsidy of a Blackvue. Maybe, it’s time to start emailing, posting on thier social media about this BS

Back