New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

Hi, it's seems you have the A129 Pro model.

This thread is for the A129 Duo (the model with rear camera and not Pro)

So I think you will not have the same version of kernel for this device

Oops, sorry, I didn't see there is a non pro A129 "duo" version.

Wonder what can be reaped by burying their heads in the sand?
generally when you hear nothing it's because they have nothing to add that is going to be positive, progress updates don't happen unless there's something worth talking about

What is Wifi Station Mode? Will this let you connect the camera to the onboard internet in one's vehicle and remotely pull off video? Or is this more intended to connect to one's home internet to pull off videos remotely?

What is Wifi Station Mode? Will this let you connect the camera to the onboard internet in one's vehicle and remotely pull off video? Or is this more intended to connect to one's home internet to pull off videos remotely?
I haven't tried it myself but from Viofo previous post, it allow you to connect the dashcam to your AP at home. It also allow you to view the camera live (if I remember the statement correctly). The configuration is in a file which you copy to the sdcard.

Even without this mode, you can actually access your dashcam (at least for A129 Pro) via http. You'll get a directory browse page and you can access your video files from there, but you cannot view live feed.

For internet access, you'll most likely need to configure this yourself by configuring your DHCP server (on your router) to give the dashcam a static IP. Then you also need to configure port forwarding to it. It will be a security risk though as I think the dashcam doesn't implement any user credential authentication.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I haven't tried it myself but from Viofo previous post, it allow you to connect the dashcam to your AP at home. It also allow you to view the camera live (if I remember the statement correctly). The configuration is in a file which you copy to the sdcard.

Even without this mode, you can actually access your dashcam (at least for A129 Pro) via http. You'll get a directory browse page and you can access your video files from there, but you cannot view live feed.

For internet access, you'll most likely need to configure this yourself by configuring your DHCP server (on your router) to give the dashcam a static IP. Then you also need to configure port forwarding to it. It will be a security risk though as I think the dashcam doesn't implement any user credential authentication.

I haven't updated the firmware, but was curious how the Station Mode worked on this camera. Whether it simply acted as a Wifi receiver and allowed you to connect, or if it had the capability of setting up a DNS (doubtful). Chances are, for onboard wifi built into vehicles, there's no way to configure a router to connect to the vehicle at all times. You'd need a third party hotspot with an ethernet port. Either way, connected cars are insecure by nature. The fact they have internet opens themselves up to vulnerabilities.

Guy I know locally in military was working on a doctoral thesis on this very subject.

I haven't updated the firmware, but was curious how the Station Mode worked on this camera. Whether it simply acted as a Wifi receiver and allowed you to connect, or if it had the capability of setting up a DNS (doubtful). Chances are, for onboard wifi built into vehicles, there's no way to configure a router to connect to the vehicle at all times. You'd need a third party hotspot with an ethernet port. Either way, connected cars are insecure by nature. The fact they have internet opens themselves up to vulnerabilities.

Guy I know locally in military was working on a doctoral thesis on this very subject.
Previously, it functioned as an Wi-Fi AP, which is the wifi receiver you mentioned. Now, it has the ability to connect to WiFi AP like a surveillance camera. The configuration (AP to connect to and the password) is in a file that need to be placed in the sdcard.

So, an “official” v2.0 is out but WTF happen to v2.2 I wonder?

I'm surprised you haven't got rid of the dashcam yet. All the bad press you're threatening Viofo with, and you're presumably still using it?

Last edited:
Any idea if the new firmware requires the updated boot loader from the beta?

Only to flash from an SD card formatted with the beta firmwares.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Only to flash from an SD card formatted with the beta firmwares.

That I can understand. But if currently have the beta installed, is loader still OK with this firmware or do we need another?

That I can understand. But if currently have the beta installed, is loader still OK with this firmware or do we need another?
Using newer loader and 2.0 and no issues with loader. Not really put 2.0 through its paces yet, but no unexpected beeping yet.

Using newer loader and 2.0 and no issues with loader. Not really put 2.0 through its paces yet, but no unexpected beeping yet.

Thank you.

No necessary to upload the loader, as this version does not support exFat.

There are still some bugs for exFat, after we fixed, we will release a new version.

No necessary to upload the loader, as this version does not support exFat.

There are still some bugs for exFat, after we fixed, we will release a new version.
@viofo can you also consider increasing the G-Sensor sensitivity in parking mode even further? With V2.0 it seems to work, but still on highest sensitivity you really need to shake the car to get it triggered. A satisfying sensitivity would trigger it on door close, a car's turbulence passing by, someone else's door slamming into my car, something like that. Can you do that?

Yes G-sensor sensitivity when parked should be very sensitive, for this reason i also prefer to use always record low bitrate as all cameras seem to be too insensitive when parked.
Ideal a bus or semi truck at speed passing buy your car parked curb side should set off a event.

Back