New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
Anyone tried this new beta firmware V2.2 for A129
Just been asked by Viofo support to try it!
Problem I have I only use IPhone/IPad not sure how to download it to camera!

It is possible to get microSD card readers for iPhone these days, I suspect that is the only way until it is available for download to the camera via the Viofo app.

If you find another way, let us know...

And where we can find it? Thanks.

I don't know how to use the link I have on email!

Don't you own a computer? Download the file, put it on a microsd card, and insert card into camera. If your computer lacks an SDHC slot, you can pick up a cheap external or thumb drive adapter.

Last edited:
I do not understand too. Nothing really difficult.

Probably it's around this FW 2.2:
(LDA->FWA->Factory Reset)
----
1) Update VR by LDA129.bin file;
2) Update VR by FWA129.bin file;
3) Make Factory Reset;
4) Format SD card.

Last edited:
Sorry can you explain it? LDA, FWA what do you mean? I've already downloaded FW, thanks.

1. Download firmware from your home pc and save onto a MicroSD Card. It's been a while since I've done an update, but I believe you can pop up and place the firmware onto the SD card in the camera without having to format it. I.E. Take out SD card from camera, insert into computer, download firmware onto SD card.

2. Reinsert SD card into camera. It reads firmware and then updates.

Sorry can you explain it? LDA, FWA what do you mean? I've already downloaded FW, thanks.
1) Update VR by LDA129.bin file;
2) Update VR by FWA129.bin file;
3) Make Factory Reset;
4) Format SD card.

LDA is the loader file and needs to be installed first. FWA is the firmware file and installed after the LDA file. You should have been sent both files. If not, ask for the loader file before you do anything.

Is this even official firmware? best to wait viofo post i say.

yes i understand it is beta however can viofo confirm so? @VIOFO-Support would normally post here so i cant see no viofo post on this firmware.
The OP stated Viofo sent him the beta to test, he is just asking how to load it. Viofo probably didn't even know this thread existed until you tagged them. I have also received beta V2.2.

FYI, for those looking to test this firmware and need parking mode, I would hold off for now. There seems to be a bug with the parking mode files.

EDIT: So there were some unexpected changes in this version that made me think things were not working as they should. After messaging with Bill @ Viofo, I will test this firmware again now that I know what to expect. I'll explain a little more in a new post on this thread.

Last edited:
The OP stated Viofo sent him the beta to test, he is just asking how to load it. Viofo probably didn't even know this thread existed until you tagged them. I have also received beta V2.2.

FYI, for those looking to test this firmware and need parking mode, I would hold off for now. There seems to be a bug with the parking mode files.
ok thanks for clarification mate

Whats the bug?

Back