New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

This firmware is linked to on Viofo forums. Not a clue what version it is.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This firmware is linked to on Viofo forums. Not a clue what version it is.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

V2.1 Build 20200724

I have v1.9 on mine. Today opened the app, connected to A129 Duo and it said “firmware is up to date”.

Does this FW have to be downloaded separate onto card? Why it it not via the app, and should I just stay on v1.9?

Thanks

I have v1.9 on mine. Today opened the app, connected to A129 Duo and it said “firmware is up to date”.

Does this FW have to be downloaded separate onto card? Why it it not via the app, and should I just stay on v1.9?

Thanks
Lol, I didn't know that the app can perform a firmware upgrade. Perhaps it was planned but not implemented.

Anyway, you'll need to download the firmware from Viofo site and perform some manual tasks to upgrade the firmware. The download page has the instruction. You can just Google "A129 firmware" and usually the first result is the one.

On V1.9, I never had any issue with parking mode. During drive, very seldomly it beeped.

On V2.0, it may at unknown time starts beeping in parking mode, non-stop and you restart it. Not sure about when driving as my wife was driving the car.

On V2.1, I just installed it last night. It has the 90 seconds delay to enter parking mode after you switched off the car. Other than that, need more time to test.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Ah ok, I’ll have a look thanks.

I read all about the nightmares v2 release. Always wondered why it took so long to go from v1.9 to v2, I’ve had it a long time now with no updates. Unbelievable that within days they went from v2 to v2.1, have they just suddenly woke up!?!

I use parking mode all the time, so I’ll wait to hear from you if all OK first then on v2.1!

Thanks

It seems that my camera does not enter parking mode with v2.1. (it remains in normal loop recording mode). With v1.9 everything works normally.

It seems that my camera does not enter parking mode with v2.1. (it remains in normal loop recording mode). With v1.9 everything works normally.
V2.1 takes 90 seconds after you turned off your engine to enter parking mode.

Doesn't anybody miss the option to turn off the motion detection feature in parking mode?
Parking in the street makes the camera record continously and the car battery drains.... and then everything stops (hardwire kit) and then I cant use the feature of recording a potential crash using the g-sensor....
I was waiting for that option since v1.7... opened a couple of tickets on viofo website... nothing happened!

V2.1 takes 90 seconds after you turned off your engine to enter parking mode.

Yeah ... thanks! didn't know. This is documented anywhere?

Yeah ... thanks! didn't know. This is documented anywhere?
I'm not sure but so far I think all beta has 60 or 90 seconds delay for whatever reason only Viofo knows. I'm not sure why the v2.1 release has the delay though. Perhaps @viofo forgot to remove it?

In the A129 Pro, Viofo added a new config where the user can choose to have the delay or turn it off. But sadly, it's not in the A129.

Doesn't anybody miss the option to turn off the motion detection feature in parking mode?

This option is debatable. When someone scratch it with the key it doesn't trigger the g-sensor but you can see which neighbor loves you. I insist on low framerate in event triggered parking mode.

But if it records non-stop for a few days, the battery drains lower than 11.8V, then the camera stops recording both low bitrate and g-sensor... mine does that. And I need the g-sensor to be available... better than one day both g-sensor, motion detection, and the battery with 11.8V....

I want low framerate too, but sometimes, when the car is parked for more than one day, I want to be able to turn off motion detection.
Now, for that reason, parking mode is disabled completely :(

Last edited:
But if it records non-stop for a few days, the battery drains lower than 11.8V, then the camera stops recording both low bitrate and g-sensor... mine does that. And I need the g-sensor to be available... better than one day both g-sensor, motion detection, and the battery with 11.8V....

I want low framerate too, but sometimes, when the car is parked for more than one day, I want to be able to turn off motion detection.
Now, for that reason, parking mode is disabled completely :(
Camera will still be on and drawing power. Not sure how much of a power savings you would actually gain.

When not recording... the difference is significant

When not recording... the difference is significant
If your using Auto Detection Mode, it's technically still recording, just not to the memory card (assuming motion has not been sensed). I'm sure there is some power savings, just doubt that it would be that advantageous.

If your using Auto Detection Mode, it's technically still recording, just not to the memory card (assuming motion has not been sensed). I'm sure there is some power savings, just doubt that it would be that advantageous.
Should be around 20mAh difference at best

What is station mode and for what is using this new mode sorry for my bad preschool level entry

Ps: who can find old firmware 1.9 is possible downgrade from v2.1 to 1.9

Back