New BlackVue 900s 2CH with Cellink Neo6 Battery and expansion

marinerbcfc

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everyone , this is my first post

Not sure if anyone tried this setup , the objective is to keep all cameras working, battery charged while the car is parked for longer periods
i am attaching a crude drawing of my 2 X BV 900 2CH dash cam setup., using two separate power sources to charge Cellink Neo 6 and an expansion for each of the two 900 2CH.
charging set for 5 Amp.
One set is hardwired powered from the fuse box bus with its own 15 Amp fuse "Switched on" only powered when engine is running.
One set is hardwired powered from the 12VDC plug, 15 Amp fuse with no other consumer on that plug.

discovered while the car parked at home and plugged to the battery charger i can also charge one set that is powered from the 12 VDC plug., both the Cellink battery and the expansion can be fully charged , as well as the battery charger
can bring up the car battery to a fully charge state.
Trying not exceed the 5 Amps maximum charging current out of the battery charger

Now i am trying to link " dotted line in the attached sketch" both expansion banks as teach of the two ports are tagged In/Out for two way current traffic, with the idea to be able to charge the other set while the car is parked and the battery charger is hooked up.
and to remove one end of that cable linking the two expansion's just in case the ports on the expansion units if one become IN the other has to be OUT so that it will not conflict with the Hard wire charging while the engine is running.

while the car is parked and the battery charger hooked up , all four cameras are working fine :-
1- One set is fully charged as before , Cellink App showing charging voltage of 14.7-14.4 V with no charge current, battery showing 100% with its capacity of 12000 to make up for the expansion.
2-The other set showing 2 % and not changing up or down for over 12 hrs.
Questions :-
1- Does the charging parameters on the expansion linked Cellink showing only the main battery and not the expansion ? since the charging while the car is parked is coming from the other expansion " dotted line in the sketch".
2-Why do i get under voltage charging with the charging voltage although coming from the battery charger ?

Attachments

• New setup.pdf
    120.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Cellink Neo Ports.jpg
    Cellink Neo Ports.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 23
  • cellink_neo_expansion_map_1024x1024.png
    cellink_neo_expansion_map_1024x1024.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
As it turned out the Main battery and linked expansion could be accessed while the charging is via the main battery as in my case when the car is parked and battery charger is hooked up , one set of battery and expansion is getting charged via 12 VDC and is charging the other set via the cross over cable . works like a charm but the status of that crossed over to battery is not shown in the app.
Under voltage was caused by a loose connection .
all good now. hope that would help others going that route.

Good one, how does it handle the double IN-voltages?

Good one, how does it handle the double IN-voltages?

It does switch automatically between with preference given to the higher voltage when the car engine is running " charged via the hardwired connection" :-

1- Engine is running both primary getting charged via their respective 12 VDC source as per my crude diagram above .
2-Engine is off and Battery tinder plugged in , one set getting charged from the 12 VDC "as the socket is active while the battery minder hooked up" , the other set get charged fully via the extension " dotted line in the diagram" but in that case the app does not show that .
3-Engine is off away from the battery minder both sets feed both cameras 2 X 2 channels , the dotted line act as equalizing link since these ports on the expansion units are two way In/Out.

naturally it depends on the activity while in parking mode , at times the system can run for 50-52 Hrs. before all primary and expansion battery got discharged .

Back