New BlackVue DR750X PLUS Series Full HD Cloud Dashcam Now Available

BlackVue_Pittasoft

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
The DR750X Series Full HD Cloud dash cams are getting a refresh. Introducing DR750X Plus Series.

The new models, DR750X-1CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus, while similar in appearance to the DR750X Series, introduce fundamental changes and upgrades to the current Cloud Full HD dash cam lineup.

What remains from the DR750X Series​

All the features you love​

The DR750X Plus Series maintain all the DR750X Series features. Those include built-in G-sensor (to sense impacts), GNSS (GPS + GLONASS), Wi-Fi and Cloud connectivity via third-party router or dedicated Connectivity Module.

blackvue-lte-connectivity-module-cm100-lte

You can connect to the Cloud via a third-party wireless Wi-Fi hotspot or the dedicated LTE Connectivity Module (CM100LTE)​

Also included is the built-in voltage monitoring feature, which allows you to hardwire the dash cam to your car’s fuse panel without the need for additional accessories. That way, when you leave your vehicle, BlackVue goes into Parking Mode while monitoring the voltage from your vehicle’s battery and shuts down if the voltage gets too low. Of course, you can also opt for a dedicated Parking Mode battery to completely preserve your vehicle’s battery.

blackvue-parking-mode-batteries

DR750X Plus Series also packs multiple features to ensure the safe recording of your valuable videos.
Adaptive Format-Free File Management and Scheduled reboots help minimizing risks of file error. Meanwhile, because microSD cards are consumables that can support a finite number of write cycles, SD Card Failure Alert warns you when the SD card cannot be written anymore. For those who just want a dash cam they can set and forget, that feature can be a true lifesaver. Finally, with Event File Protection, you can prevent up to 50 Event videos from getting overwritten by regular footage.

blackvue-micro-sd-adaptive-format-free

What’s New in the X Plus Series​

Upgraded image sensor​

The main change brought by the Plus Series is an improved Sony STARVIS™ CMOS sensor. The image sensor in the DR750X-1CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus (front and rear) have a much better ability to preserve details in extreme lighting conditions.

To illustrate this, have a look at these screenshots. At night, while the DR750X Plus footage may look slightly darker at first glance, it is in fact much better exposed. In other words, the sensor is better able to preserve the critical details in the highlights (here, the license plate number), while simultaneously maintaining nuances in the shadows.

Halos around light sources are also minimized by the new sensor compared to its predecessor.

dr750x-starvis-night

DR750X Series (Night)

dr750x-plus-starvis-night

DR750X Plus Series (Night)​

The same thing happens with the daylight videos. Looking at the images below, you can see that where the DR750X shows a slightly overexposed center and darker sides, the DR750X Plus keeps everything evenly exposed and produces richer colors.

dr750x-starvis-day

DR750X Series (Day)

dr750x-plus-starvis-day

DR750X Plus Series (Day)​

Single-channel (1CH) now upgradable to dual-channel (2CH)​

Before the DR750X Plus Series, BlackVue designed the 1CH models as 1CH only, without a secondary camera port.

DR750X-1CH​
DR750X-2CH​
DR750X-1CH / 2CH Plus
blackvue-dr750x-1ch-micro-sd-card-side
blackvue-dr750x-2ch-micro-sd-card-side
blackvue-dr750x-2ch-micro-sd-card-side

For the first time, the single-channel version (DR750X-1CH Plus) comes with a port for a secondary camera.

blackvue-dr750x-plus-rear-cam-upgrade
This means you can get the 1CH mode first and upgrade to 2CH at a later time.

Note that it is still more economical to buy the 2CH model right away as compared to getting a 1CH camera and adding a rear camera later. Still, it is nice to know that you can upgrade later.

Single firmware for all DR750X Plus models​

In conjunction with the addition of the rear camera port to the 1CH version, the DR750X Plus Series simplifies the firmware system.

The 1CH and 2CH versions both share the same firmware. That means in case you get the 1CH and add a rear camera later, you won’t have to worry about installing a new firmware.

How to spot the differences between DR750X and DR750X Plus?​

Although there are very subtle differences, the DR750X and DR750X Plus look mostly the same. In order to identify a model without its packaging, your best bet is to look at the label on the dashcam. To reveal the label, unplug the cables from the front camera, press the LOCK button on the mount and pull to unmount the camera.

dashcam-serial-number-label
DR750X-1CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus are now available in the BlackVue online Shop.
The Taxi (IR) and TRUCK versions are expected to follow in the coming weeks.

The overexposed rear plate at night are a well know problem, the new camera / sensor seem to deal with that better.
Nice with the 1 - 2 channel update path and firmware's. (y)

Wish more cameras, and other stuff support Euro Galileo GPS system, but in time i assume more things will.

"External Waterproof IR" (y)

I definitely like that :love:

Phil

Yeah. it is a god sent for the van people of the world. (y)

If you have lost your tools often, as it happen over here these days, some go to extremes

Here's hoping the upgrade the 900X the same way, so I can just swap out my current front cam with the improved one.

Ref the video: Yep, cops in Europe are worthless.

That poor bastard will be forced to remove that, lest he injure a poor criminal just trying to make a living.

And he'll probably be fined or worse for it.

Spec wise this is the Hisilicon Hi3559v200 SoC and Sony Starvis IMX327 I believe?

Wish more cameras, and other stuff support Euro Galileo GPS system.
If they are cheap and used the GPS receiver like u-blox7 then it is impossible. We need more technical hardware information in general (teardowns and firmware dumps).

My DR750X-2CH Plus arrived earlier this week and I've been spending time testing it. I also have the DR750S and DR750LTE to compare it with.

DR750S, DR750X Plus, DR750LTE.png

The biggest improvement I'm seeing so far is dynamic range. For example, in this parking garage, look at the person walking past the bright exit up ahead and the gray Honda Civic on the right.

Blackvue DR750X Plus dynamic range comparison with DR750S.jpg

With the DR750X Plus, you can see more detail in both the highlights and the shadows. This is with the HDR functionality disabled to avoid the double exposure artifacting.

In general the Plus does underexpose compared to the other models (which I'm not a huge fan of), especially with the rear camera, even with the brightness set to the same levels. That said, despite it being darker, dynamic range is still better.

Blackvue DR750X Plus rear cam comparison with DR750S.jpg

Blackvue mentions the Plus having more vivid colors and I am seeing that as well. It looks like the saturation has been turned up a bit.

Blackvue DR750X Plus improved color saturation compared to DR750S.jpg
In terms of overall detail and resolving capabilities, it's still 1080p and so things are pretty comparable here. You can still capture license plates up close, but more than about 2 car lengths away or so like just across the parking lot here, it's still going to struggle to resolve the plate numbers.

Blackvue DR750X Plus license plate comparison with DR750LTE.jpg

I haven't done any lowlight testing yet, but I plan on going out tonight to do some night time testing.

Not sure about the SoC
It is the same huawei hardware&firmware (with minor modifications) everybody else is using
Code:
    model = "Hisilicon HI3559V200 DEMO Board";
    compatible = "hisilicon,hi3559v200";
most probably with the same bugs and security problems.

Scheduled reboots help minimizing risks of file error
The need for scheduling reboots indicates an inability to operate reliably for long periods?

You can still capture license plates up close, but more than about 2 car lengths away or so like just across the parking lot here, it's still going to struggle to resolve the plate numbers.
Having to get so close results in too much motion blur on vehicles coming the opposite direction, 2K resolution cameras have a significant advantage from being able to read plates further away where motion blur is far less. FHD is only for budget cameras now.

These scheduled reboots, do they trigger when the car is stationary for a set period or more, or even mid trip?

These scheduled reboots, do they trigger when the car is stationary for a set period or more, or even mid trip?
I think they have them set to some early hour of the morning, 3AM or so from memory while in parking mode

I think they have them set to some early hour of the morning, 3AM or so from memory while in parking mod

Shouldn't restart if you're driving at 3 AM...

I suspect they are smart enough to not have it do it if you are driving
But that means that if you drive for too long, then it corrupts the files?

Back